Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Then you might want to reconsider your no-mud flaps/paint-protection "rule"... It'll never look like new without them after three years. I don't think you fully understand how bad it can be with these cars otherwise - let alone with a widebody. Nor can I imagine how bad you'll be dinged for all of the damage at the end of the lease... I could never lease a car - I like modding them to make them "mine" way too much.

Salt is a killer for ANY car. :) Living in PA and driving my cars year-round (including my 2018 GT), I gave up on keeping them "like new" - it's just not possible. No matter how careful you are, things will get rusted underneath. Thought about undercoating the GT, but most agree that it'll only make matter worse over the long-term. So there isn't much you can do about it. I typically only keep my cars for 100k/150k miles - then I trade them in for something new - but by then, they have been paid off for a while, so it's all good....

Yes I’m thinking about the mud flaps. However, I watched the video and saw how the mud flaps are installed and I don’t like that they have to drill holes on the lower edge of the bumper and in the wheel well. If I decide on getting the mud flaps, I will need to find a competent installer. It looks like it’s very easy to blotch up the install if the screw hole location is put in the wrong place.

You are right about not being able to beat rust. It will eventually destroy the metal on the car. Rust is what started the problems on my 2008 Charger. I spent a few thousand dollars and tried to repair the rust, but that didn’t work out well. It was a blessing in disguise that my charger got hit 3 months after I did the rust repairs on it. My insurance company totaled the car and they paid me good money for the loss. I wanted to buy another Dodge, but I don’t want to have $700, $800 and $900 payments every month for 5 to 7 years and I don’t want to have to fork out $30,000 or $35,000 as down payment money in a car because if I do, the money is gone. I would rather use that $30,000 and $35,000 to invest into real estate or something that will give me a modest return on my investment. Not only that. But in 5 to 7 years from now, I will have the rust issue come back again to haunt me like it did with my 2008 Charger from driving the car all year round. I don’t want to go through that again with any car. I also don’t want to fork out money for maintenance every so often during the ownership of the car. I spent thousands of dollars maintaining my Charger when I owned it because I followed the service schedule. With my Challenger lease, I won’t have to worry about that. I will only do oil changes and tire rotation with the Challenger because I will be putting around 12,000 miles per year on it and by the time that it will need expensive maintenance on it, the next owner will be responsible for that. The car will have around 36,000 miles on it when my lease expires in 3 years. So that’s why it’s more beneficial for me to lease than to buy right now.

101 - 101 of 101 Posts