Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F/S: SOLO Mach-X for R/T

Well I hate to do this, and I feel bad for even posting it up on the forum, bc I in no way am talking down about the quality of this product or the quality in customer service that Steve and the Solo crew have give this forum.

That being said I am letting the Solo Mach-X go; reason being is I just want something louder. The sound of the solo and quality is bar none, i am just coming from Mustangs with the raspy sound that comes from a catback and catted-x; and now I want to apply that to the Challenger

The Solo has absolutely no drone and exterior noise tone is great; with interior noise giving that muscle car rumble

The kit I am selling was the first one made for the R/T, it has approx. 3k miles on it and come with the quad tips. The tips have been polished/cleaned with every car washing, so the kit is like new!

I am asking $625 plus shipping, I am located in Alabama; local pickup is easier, but I will ship it!

Any questions let me know!

Paypal accepted!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow ! This is a steal of a deal.

To bad my friend bought one right after I installed mine, He would have jumped on this deal.

Why would you want a Challenger to sound like a Mustang ?

I can understand the car at idle is not the loudest but man upon acceleration it roars, overall a very distinct tone. I have received many compliments on the sound of this exhaust from a Mustang, Vette, Camaro, Porsche and the loudest Ferrari 550 Maranello I ever heard. To each is own. Hope you find the sound you’re after. Thanks again for posting that video that sold me on this exhaust system.

AJ

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow ! This is a steal of a deal.

To bad my friend bought one right after I installed mine, He would have jumped on this deal.

Why would you want a Challenger to sound like a Mustang ?

I can understand the car at idle is not the loudest but man upon acceleration it roars, overall a very distinct tone. I have received many compliments on the sound of this exhaust from a Mustang, Vette, Camaro, Porsche and the loudest Ferrari 550 Maranello I ever heard. To each is own. Hope you find the sound you’re after. Thanks again for posting that video that sold me on this exhaust system.

AJ

I guess saying I was wanting to sound like a mustang was a little off base, lol, I basically just want the sound that I received with the SLP that I had on the mustangs.

I had youtubed Challenger exhaust vids and came across the SLP, and just liked the tone.

I will say that when I started up the car this morning and drove into work, I almost regretted wanting to switch to the SLP. The Solo is definitely a distinctive one-off tone; I do like it, just switching it up I suppose.

My luck, I will get the SLP and wonder why in the world I ever switched, then go back to SOLO :notallthere:

Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold off on the sale until you install the SLP
I suppose I could, just trying to keep from having 3 exhaust laying around, lol!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Exhaust sound is definitely a personal preference deal. If you're not happy with the sound personally, there's surely nothing wrong with changing or saying so. I was really nervous myself in buying any Catback, but the solo group buy price was too good to pass up. Im happy with the sound, but again, that's all personal preference. I personally do not like the mustang sounds, and my wife hates it, so I am glad the solo doesn't produce that sound.

Great deal for anyone interested, that's for sure. I would also think you may want to hold off on the sale until you install the SLP, but I also understand you don't want a smorgasboard of CATBACK's hanging around.

Good luck with the sale and good luck with the SLP.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I know what you're feeling. Solo sounds like a baby kitten compared to this:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weekend bump!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a link to my vid of the exhaust!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
That actually sounds pretty loud, you want it louder than that? Or is it more you want the raspier tone?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That actually sounds pretty loud, you want it louder than that? Or is it more you want the raspier tone?
Little bit of both...I want to hear it more on the inside of the car

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Different tone, I can understand, but louder in the cabin?? I had the solo without the J pipes (which I assume you have since your a 6 sp) and it was too loud in the cab for me. I was getting drone (auto) regardless of MDS. Switching to J's eliminated that.

Good luck in your quest. Hope you find what you want without going through a bunch more.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Different tone, I can understand, but louder in the cabin?? I had the solo without the J pipes (which I assume you have since your a 6 sp) and it was too loud in the cab for me. I was getting drone (auto) regardless of MDS. Switching to J's eliminated that.

Good luck in your quest. Hope you find what you want without going through a bunch more.

Mike

Six speed is easier to control the drone, that's how it goes with most exhausts. Also how loud something is, is totally relative. What is loud to one, may be not loud enough to another.

I totally understand his situation. I put the Mopar/Borla exhaust and although it's made things a little louder and deeper than stock, I want it louder too. However, my wife won't allow me to get yet another exhaust. To her the car sounds fine, but I want it louder and throatier in the cabin. Maybe a couple years down the road, but can't right now.

Sometimes you just have to be happy with what you got, and accept that. That's how I've had to look at it, at least. Whatever you get, there will always be some remorse and you will want something different in a matter of tie.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I agree.. I guess what I was trying to say, was with the solo exhaust (less j pipes) in the auto, even discounting the drone, it was plenty loud enough. I do agree, 6sp vs auto is substantially different, but I still woulda thunk it was loud enough in the cab.

At the end, exhaust sound is a total personal preference, and since you have to hear it every day, all day, it has to be right for you.

Mike

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Monday Bump!

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Try putting down your back seats if you want a little more sound. ;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HUMP DAY BUMP! Any takers? Any offers?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts