Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2010 R/T front fascia top (used to be called a header panel) the center area where the ram's head emblem is has sagged a bit creating twice the gap at the center of the hood seam than the ends and can be wiggled up and down quite easily. This section seems to be held in place by only push pins which of course create no clamping type hold. Has anyone else noticed this slop in that area? I just came from the dealership (thankfully closed on Sundays) to look at the new 2011's. I checked those and the new 2010's and the 2010's had a little play on the fascia top but the 2011's were very tight so maybe they went to plastic rivets or something.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
A disturbing trend- -Chrysler's plastic parts seem to be more problematic than any other components on the car- - and Chrysler's extended warranty plans all specifically exclude plastic parts.

I don't believe in coincidences.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I replaced it with the Mopar 10 emblem which is heavier, so you may have a point.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
This has been brought up earlier. Seems to be rather random.
The general consensus is that it's a "new car prep" issue as opposed to a warranty issue, and should have been addressed before the car was delivered. (Yeah. I don't really understand it either. Sounds like corporate BS.)
If mine gets too noticeable, I'll take the front of the fascia loose and prop it up with something inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts