Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
With the cut that Barrett Jackson takes at the time of the sale, I don't see them making much money if any...

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I thought the buyer paid the fee

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
If so, my mistake..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They both pay fees. 10% buyer and 8% seller last time i'd heard. BOTH cars are selling together for one money though. It's safe to say the 70, if numbers matching, is gonna bring more to the table than the new srt. A real t/a in fm3 with white interior and a stick? not many of those babies made.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
There is a dealer by me with a new F/F SRT8 still on the lot. Probably because they still want 47k for it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I saw that sale today (been watching the auction all week - couple of other nice MOPARs have went for big money too). Thought the pairing of the 2010 and 1970 was kind of cool, but I'm sure the big sale price was because of the '70 Challenger with the matching numbers and all. It was one sweet ride.

I did notice on the 2010, it had the 2011 style SRT rims and looked like it also had the 2011 style exhaust pipes too.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I did notice on the 2010, it had the 2011 style SRT rims and looked like it also had the 2011 style exhaust pipes too.
It's the other way around. The 2011 (SRT's) are going to be using the wheels and exhaust tips that came on the FF SRT's.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
It's the other way around. The 2011 (SRT's) are going to be using the wheels and exhaust tips that came on the FF SRT's.
Ok, I'm confused...I know the 392 SE wheels are new, at least to the Challenger, but the 2010 FF wheels are the new 2011 Regular SRT8 Challenger wheels? I could swear the 2011 SRT8(Non-Special Edition 392) are still using the same old SRT8 wheels.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is a dealer by me with a new F/F SRT8 still on the lot. Probably because they still want 47k for it.
Same here. Dealer couldnt sell the thing so he plastered magnetic dealers signs on it and drives it around town a a demonstrator.

I told him I would give them 34k for it...he didnt bite

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Ok, I'm confused...I know the 392 SE wheels are new, at least to the Challenger, but the 2010 FF wheels are the new 2011 Regular SRT8 Challenger wheels? I could swear the 2011 SRT8(Non-Special Edition 392) are still using the same old SRT8 wheels.
From what I have heard the 2011 GWE SRT's are using the same wheels as the 2010 FF SRTs.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I've been watching Barrett-Jackson and here's my opinion on them selling a car/truck:

If the car being sold belongs to 'joe ordinary' like myself, they sometimes take minimal time to allow for a high bid then move on. I watched some vehicles that could have gone higher get hammered "sold" within seconds of the opening bid.

If the rig being auctioned belonged to one of the auction elite like Rick Hendrick, Alice Cooper, Goldberg, Brett Michael, or other celebrity types they'll stop the bidding continually, prodding the bidders to reach deeper.

Looks like a good place for a seller to get screwed to me!

Just my opinion from watching almost all of this auction. I've been playing the Hagerity fantasy bid game doing so.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts