Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,
I've been wavering the purchase of a Matte black fuel door, before I made the plunge I saw a few plastidip'd fuel doors so decided to give it a shot. After 7 coats I think it came out great. Whenever the coating starts to come off I'll revisit the fuel door purchase. Looking for honest opinions, yea or nay?

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hi forum,
I've been wavering the purchase of a Matte black fuel door, before I made the plunge I saw a few plastidip'd fuel doors so decided to give it a shot. After 7 coats I think it came out great. Whenever the coating starts to come off I'll revisit the fuel door purchase. Looking for honest opinions, yea or nay?
I tried it, but the fuel pumps tend to rest on the edge.

Then again, I used Satinizer which is supposed to go over an actual layer of plastidip.

Looks good though, just be careful when filling up lol.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that, I will have to hold the nozzle on refills, thanks.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I was thinking about that, I will have to hold the nozzle on refills, thanks.
Which is also not ideal as the nozzle needs to be resting down so it doesn't overfill.

I'm only speaking from experience with the satinizer, not actual plastidip, so you might be okay.

Worse that happens is your plastidip job is going to be ruined and you lost 30min or an hour of your time.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T
129 Posts
Looks good, I did mine as well and came out really nice. I did mine a year ago and and it still looks good ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I coated my fuel door with PlastiDip about a year ago and it looks almost as good as the day I did it. There's slight wear on the top edge where the metal was the thinnest.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks great. Nice work. I've wanted the black vapor one forever. I think I'll try this. As much as I get to drive it ,filling up with gas is the least of my worries !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts