Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish they looked like that from the factory. Oh wait, they did in 1970. By the way, there is a small gas cap under that 1970 fuel filler door, twist off cap or locking cap
I know they looked like that in 1970, seems like with a hapless style filler it would be a even more functional option on a new one

·
Registered
678 Posts
OK, a less sarcastic answer.

The 1970 flip top functons similar to the modern version, you lift the cover, then you also have to unscrew a smaller gas cap underneath.

Even if you managed to mount a 1970 flip top on a modern car, I don't thing there will be enough clearance for the modern gas cap. The modern gas cap needs to be used due to the fuel pressure required for fuel injected systems

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, a less sarcastic answer.

The 1970 flip top functons similar to the modern version, you lift the cover, then you also have to unscrew a smaller gas cap underneath.

Even if you managed to mount a 1970 flip top on a modern car, I don't thing there will be enough clearance for the modern gas cap. The modern gas cap needs to be used due to the fuel pressure required for fuel injected systems
Thanks for the answer!

I had a 2012 SXT, and am getting ready to order a 21 R/T with the classic style stripes and thought it would look cool.
I am a bit surprised the new models haven’t moved to the cap less style filler like my wife’s new Grand Cherokee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.