Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Shinuko,

Frist question is why do you need/want bigger fuel injection? The Pentastar is not super mod friendly as it was designed to e solid and efficient and not performance receptive.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
Just Bigger Injectors, and Throttle body will not do much of anything for the Pentastar 3.6L V6. Many times as stated the Engine is not designed for a Competition, HP beast. To get beyond a 270ish RWHP , 305hp Engine Dyno its thousands and thousands of dollars to get there. Once you get there be prepared for the Reliability to go out the window, to push beyond a 20+Hp range your into 2k and up range and you wont feel that difference under 100+hp to the rear wheels. You might have the sensation believing its made a dramatic difference it doesn't. You 0-60 will maybe drop 1 to 2 /1000ths of an sec if that.

The Pentastar with a Diablo Tuner and Unlocked PC will gain you about 30 to 40hp how ever 2019 1700.00 PCM Upgrade alone then the Tuner, and you have to be cautious doing so. Not sure why the desire lately on many Forums where there is a trend lately to tune the SE / SXT's into Street Racing / Hot Rods. That's why your best off trading up to an R/T if that car is not fitting you desire. You alter it you destroy the Warranty.

Safe and Fun addition to an SXT is a Pedal Monster from Banks or the PC. Then for the Take offs you feel a response and enjoy that sensation of it being more dramatic. Be warned if you add that Remove it before servicing, and be careful as the Pedal Commanders have time to time put cars into a Limp Mode where you have no Response from the Accelerator where the Banks has fail safes...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,790 Posts
Simply put, if you are not seeing the injectors consistently hitting +90% duty cycle and a lean condition at WOT...bigger injectors will do squat. Now if you added a supercharger, then yes larger injectors will help keep up with the fueling demand (provided the fuel pump can keep up as well). Although have yet to hear any boosted V6 builds requiring an upgraded fuel pump as well as injectors.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If you add a BBC Throttle Body, HP Injector Upgrade, CAI, and Coil Packs say a 2k Exhaust stock you may get a 312 to a 320hp at the Flywheel Dyno without Tune and major rework. The Rear on a Chassis Dyno maybe you gained 8hp for over 2k. This is not tuning it this is non getting the PCM properly Modified and Unlocked. Now for about another 2k you get the PCM / Modded or Upgraded and a Diablo Tuner for that 2k. Hope you see where this is going already, at a Shop with a chassis Dyno and tune you can wake up about 50hp to the rear end of the car if lucky and shave a 2/1000ths eta on the 0-60 the actual feel of that extra Hp will most likely never be felt. The Stock Suspension is not really going to grab much better so you just spent 4k into this Car to gain maybe a 2% to 4% increase. If you update brakes for this at least add Dual Caliper Fronts about and slotted rotors and Pads to go with it about a grand more.

You automatically blow all Drive Train Warranty on this Car, say a major part goes out as soon as the ODB2 Scanner goes on you are all out of pocket Repair and Parts. NOT WORTH IT.

To really and efficiently mod it for a Super Charger or Turbo 10k or more for Engine upgrades alone the Restriction at the Exhaust Ports of the Head with the 1 piece casted Exhaust Header is still bottle neck the exhaust restricting the HP out of that engine and adding Back Pressure to it. If you do this then a Trans Upgrade , Drive Shaft the 2 piece will rip apart quickly and the Rear End will need to have a few updates. 14k approximately to do this route and right.

If your SXT is in excellent shape and traded in towards a R/T way cheaper you will have a lot more Responsive and Powerful Engine etc., This will be more reliable and already behind the wheel Night and Day dramatic. When you want to unleash a 5.7 more parts even available from Mopar and with the huge 2k PCM update now you got a very dependable more exciting vehicle that can be a beast. It's your wallet your car, your insurance etc., Mod HP = High Cost Maintenance and constant checking over things. Oh and if its wrecked BOOK Value - Depreciation and based on GEO you will never get those covered in a Claim; Never...

Save the money, and grief go test drive an R/T. you will see a huge difference. Insurance will be higher, as will amount of Gas you will use but still cheaper then the Mod a SXT route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shinuko,

Frist question is why do you need/want bigger fuel injection? The Pentastar is not super mod friendly as it was designed to e solid and efficient and not performance receptive.
I’m going to boost it later, but for now try to get the best results out of a tune with all the mods I added to it

Just Bigger Injectors, and Throttle body will not do much of anything for the Pentastar 3.6L V6. Many times as stated the Engine is not designed for a Competition, HP beast. To get beyond a 270ish RWHP , 305hp Engine Dyno its thousands and thousands of dollars to get there. Once you get there be prepared for the Reliability to go out the window, to push beyond a 20+Hp range your into 2k and up range and you wont feel that difference under 100+hp to the rear wheels. You might have the sensation believing its made a dramatic difference it doesn't. You 0-60 will maybe drop 1 to 2 /1000ths of an sec if that.

The Pentastar with a Diablo Tuner and Unlocked PC will gain you about 30 to 40hp how ever 2019 1700.00 PCM Upgrade alone then the Tuner, and you have to be cautious doing so. Not sure why the desire lately on many Forums where there is a trend lately to tune the SE / SXT's into Street Racing / Hot Rods. That's why your best off trading up to an R/T if that car is not fitting you desire. You alter it you destroy the Warranty.

Safe and Fun addition to an SXT is a Pedal Monster from Banks or the PC. Then for the Take offs you feel a response and enjoy that sensation of it being more dramatic. Be warned if you add that Remove it before servicing, and be careful as the Pedal Commanders have time to time put cars into a Limp Mode where you have no Response from the Accelerator where the Banks has fail safes...
There too many videos showing v6 putting down power. One one YouTuber maded it push 500 cranking hp. I drove my r/t and I wasn’t really impressed. So if it ain’t a scat or hellcat then I’m not interested. I don’t care about warranty. I have already put 3500 into it so. So if you know if information about fuel injection let me know.

Simply put, if you are not seeing the injectors consistently hitting +90% duty cycle and a lean condition at WOT...bigger injectors will do squat. Now if you added a supercharger, then yes larger injectors will help keep up with the fueling demand (provided the fuel pump can keep up as well). Although have yet to hear any boosted V6 builds requiring an upgraded fuel pump as well as injectors.
Thanks. I’m following multiple people builds and branching out. Check YouTuber 86 face.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,790 Posts
Not impressed with an RT? The 5.7 puts down 70HP and 140lb-ft of torque compared to a 3.6...that is a very noticeable difference in the butt dyno...especially off the line. Granted the redline is 5800 rpm and it loses power from ~5400 rpm (related to cam and intake limitations) which is what kills the experience but off the line very noticeable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If i remember correctly, neon srt4 injectors will work.
Personally, I'd contact fuel injector clinic and get injectors from there.
I think that's where a guy with a turbo charger got them from, as well as a twin turbo charger on IG.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not impressed with an RT? The 5.7 puts down 70HP and 140lb-ft of torque compared to a 3.6...that is a very noticeable difference in the butt dyno...especially off the line. Granted the redline is 5800 rpm and it losses power from ~5400 rpm which what kills the experience but off the line very noticeable.

It is was so heavy and the 0 to 60 wasn’t different fact that my

that a factory r/t 0 to 60 I doing that in my v6 without too many mods. I heavy and the 70hp and 170 torque I don’t feel it because of the weight.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,790 Posts
0-60 times are worthless IMO. My supercharged RT gets worse 0-60 times than when it was stock...why cause is smokes the tires (now running 315 nittos) with easy..even with launches in 2nd gear (it is a manual). Also if you are trying to compare a pre-2015 RT (A5 trans) to a +2015 SXT (A8 trans) I can promise you that if you try a +2015 RT (A8) you will feel a difference.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
There too many videos showing v6 putting down power. One one YouTuber maded it push 500 cranking hp. I drove my r/t and I wasn’t really impressed. So if it ain’t a scat or hellcat then I’m not interested. I don’t care about warranty. I have already put 3500 into it so. So if you know if information about fuel injection let me know.
Youtube videos are usually BS.. Without a Supercharger, Turbo its impossible to get that kind of HP out of most any engine... Contact these people and check into what they tell you...
Good Luck on this...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,790 Posts
FYI - here are some weight specs.

Not trying to bash SXTs, they are great for big chassis powered by 6 cyl power plant, but for the money you spend on upgrading a SXT to produce power to beat and RT (beating a Scat is a stretch unless you throw a lot of money at the SXT) you can get an RT. BTW going fast is one thing but stopping is another. My SC RT gets to +80mph real quick but good luck stopping from +80mph like the scat or hellcat. And to get the SXT to stop like a Scat you are looking a ~$4k in brake upgrade.

Heck for what I spent on my RT I could have bought the Scat but I do my own mod installs and tuning...it is also my therapy as I don't drink...and strippers are too expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
0-60 times are worthless IMO. My supercharged RT gets worse 0-60 times than when it was stock...why cause is smokes the tires (now running 315 nittos) with easy..even with launches in 2nd gear (it is a manual). Also if you are trying to compare a pre-2015 RT (A5 trans) to a +2015 SXT (A8 trans) I can promise you that if you try a +2015 RT (A8) you will feel a difference.
I drove a 2020 charger rt that what I’m basic it off. And I raced one from 0-80 I kept with him. And he had the punch. So I can imagine what it should make after it gets tuned for just a v6. Mr penstar made tune his charger with a exhaust, and got cai 335whp so who knows if there been more mods for the v6 since then and still is coming out.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,790 Posts
I drove a 2020 charger rt that what I’m basic it off. And I raced one from 0-80 I kept with him. And he had the punch. So I can imagine what it should make after it gets tuned for just a v6. Mr penstar made tune his charger with a exhaust, and got cai 335whp so who knows if there been more mods for the v6 since then and still is coming out.
Looks like you are set in your beliefs. I have been on this forum for some time (i.e. have read and generated lots of performance posts) and have friends with SXT, RT and SP (modded mine and theirs and driven them) and based on that I have a very different view, but hey that does not me we can't get along. All I can say is perform the mods that will get you the 500 RWHP you seek (bigger injectors alone ain't going to add anything), comeback with dyno numbers (before/after track numbers would be better) and report on your experience.

BTW look at the link in my previous post (below is the first post) to see what is takes to get 452 rwhp and 388 lbft on a V6. They are great engines just not as easy or cost effective (holds true for the hemis) to mod, especially if you use a shop rather than do yourself.

Good luck Stones and looking to future posts on your build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts