Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first time poster here!

I have a 2010 SE with 140k miles. The car drives fine with no problems/hesitations, but I have the following issues. I have 2 CEL codes P0455 and P0462, also the gas needle has erratic readings. Sometimes it reads the right amount, but all of a sudden it can read empty and displays the low fuel icon on the dash. I read on here that this can be a bad connection at the instrument cluster, so I will try checking that out.

As for the other two codes, the gas tank filler neck was loose at the cap. I replaced the gas cap and went under the vehicle to make sure there wasn’t any leaks from the tube to the tank. The smell is so strong that I have to drive with the windows down. I also replaced the fuel pump (left side) and the fuel sending unit (right side), and the p0462 code is still present.

What else should I check? I read online that the vapor canister could be the issue. Where is the part located?

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
424 Posts
I have had issues with the evap canister on other vehicles and most cars also have a solenoid too. Not having much luck finding an exact spot for you, but if you trace the flexible hoses from the tank you will find something that looks like this. They are normally pretty big and nearish to the tank.

Also, looking for the solenoid, I found this thread. A quick read sounds like this might be more common and now I know what that random black thing was that I was staring at the other day and wonder what the hell it was is.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,086 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You can access the online Chilton manual

2010> Dodge> Challenger> Select> Repair

Search for Vapor or EVAP in search box upper left

Good luck, A Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.