Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got an idea of what kind of fuel mileage to expect from my new STR8IE, with Auto ! Just curious,what ever It gets It gets ! I pick up my car 3.28.11, It's #0977,blue /w white stripes ! Thanks ..........John

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Pretty much just what the EPA rating says if you don't floor it every time you take off.

My 09 sticker says 13/19 and I average 17.5 or so on summer gas and 15-16 on winter gas for probably slightly >50% highway driving.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My EVIC said 15 but that's about the only mileage I've put on it since I brought it home.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Steady 65 MPH with cruise = 22-23 MPG on a green engine (6 sp ~1500 RPM). Spirited driving around town will earn you 13-14 MPG.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Pretty much just what the EPA rating says if you don't floor it every time you take off.

My 09 sticker says 13/19 and I average 17.5 or so on summer gas and 15-16 on winter gas for probably slightly >50% highway driving.
Get almost exactly the same with my 09 SRT8 auto. A little better in the summer and just about the same as waumo is getting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses, It's pretty much what i thought it would do, just needed to hear It myself ! I,ve got a HEMI car but It's a 65 Coronet, but It sure doesnt get anywhere near what the new cars are getting, but It's faster !.....Thanks ,,,,,,,,,,,John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmmmmm, I'm thinking perhaps something is wrong with my 2011 IE 392 as I'm averaging 11.5MPG driving nicely with 60% being highway...

Nothing sounds wrong while driving but that MPG seems rather low to me...

Anyone have ideas on things I should check?

·
Registered
15 Posts
First drive in the car was a 200mile jaunt from the dealer back home. Got 21.2 MPG on that drive. Since then its been around town driving, some goofing around and a 3mile neighborhood commute to work during the weekdays. EVIC says 14.2MPG right now. Car has roughly 550miles on it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Now have 1500 miles on the car. We drove up to Phoenix for the weekend. When we got home the EVIC said we got an average of 22.4. I've never had a tank under 20 mpg with either this car or the 09 R/T, but we have to drive long distances to go anywhere from where we live! Best fuel price in Arizona is in Tucson at $3.49 for 91.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hmmmmm, I'm thinking perhaps something is wrong with my 2011 IE 392 as I'm averaging 11.5MPG driving nicely with 60% being highway...

Nothing sounds wrong while driving but that MPG seems rather low to me...

Anyone have ideas on things I should check?
Probably nothing wrong. You just need to break in the motor. While you are in the break in period take it easy if you know what I mean. Use toptier fuel as well. Take a look at www.toptiergas.com.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts