Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Challenger 392, it has a supercharger and high flow fuel injectors on it, perhaps that’s some of the issue. Or maybe it’s just me.
But I find it hard to drive around in 1st or second at lower rpms. It seems like the fuel pedal is “on or off. I don’t have issues starting off from a stop. But when I very gently push on the gas pedal the car lurches a bit.
I’m just wondering if it is just me and I need to get more used to it, or if there is something I can do about it. There’s no way I can be more gentle with the fuel pedal. Lol

·
Registered
934 Posts
My 09 R/T 6 speed was like that. More noticeable after the Kenne Bell. Thought it was the drive by wire. All on or all off. Never did figure it out. Characteristic.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
I moved this to the forced induction sub forum as this appears to be what is called the "light switch effect". Hopefully members with experience can tell you how they addressed it either tuning, or orifice size change, etc. It will help if they know who the manufacturer of the supercharger is

An example discussion

A Guy

Reactions: BlueJesus

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
This is a byproduct of vaccum based blowoff valves on the superchargers. Mine was real bad. Tuner got it better changing some sort of tune table with the throttle body but this is inherently something that will be. Some are better than others.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a magnuson tvs2300. But it’s good to know that this is a common thing and not just an issue with my car.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts