Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get some assistance and ask what you guys are running fuel pump wise. I have an Edelbrock Eforce pushing 570 RWHP. Just had the bottom end forged and when it was run on the dyno the tuner said its fluctuating from 8psi-5 psi. The engine is running way to lean and I need a bigger fuel pump. Saw an Arrington pump on the ShopHemi website. Wondering if anyone is running it or anyone has other suggestions. Appreciate the input

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Did you log injector pulse width ? That will tell you whats going on besides a/f is lean.
I log that and I run a fuel psi gauge temporaly and make sure it dont drop past 56 to 60psi at wot.
By doing so let you know how the fuel pump and injectors work together against the psi of the blower.
Then a/f target is set in the tune by scaleing injectors and then checked using the a/f gauge to see if it meets target and all rpm ranges.
Injector pulse should Not go above 20,000us your out of injector and or fuel pump.

Try and add the 392 pump. Or do the dual pump fuel hat and run the 2nd pump to turn on at 1psi of boost so the fuel dont over hot. Use a adjustable hobbs switch and run fuel pump relay from the battery.
Single 392 pump may work and it plugs right in.
Then you have to see if you have enough injector. I did the ford racing 80lb at 38psi and there 100lb at our 58psi. Easy swap, then scale to work.
FlatTop

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
arrington has a pretty much plug and play drop in fuel pump they call the competition pump

modernmuscle also sells a pump that is made by aem.. cheaper but a little bit more work to put in

you need more pump regardless.. the stock pump is only set for stock.. nothing more.. i would swap out something before you run into issues.

Reactions: buckwheat

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel Pump

Did you log injector pulse width ? That will tell you whats going on besides a/f is lean.
I log that and I run a fuel psi gauge temporaly and make sure it dont drop past 56 to 60psi at wot.
By doing so let you know how the fuel pump and injectors work together against the psi of the blower.
Then a/f target is set in the tune by scaleing injectors and then checked using the a/f gauge to see if it meets target and all rpm ranges.
Injector pulse should Not go above 20,000us your out of injector and or fuel pump.

Try and add the 392 pump. Or do the dual pump fuel hat and run the 2nd pump to turn on at 1psi of boost so the fuel dont over hot. Use a adjustable hobbs switch and run fuel pump relay from the battery.
Single 392 pump may work and it plugs right in.
Then you have to see if you have enough injector. I did the ford racing 80lb at 38psi and there 100lb at our 58psi. Easy swap, then scale to work.
FlatTop
Thanks Flattop as always I appreciate the response as it is not only informative for me but let's me keep the builder honest and in check. I have a 392 so that pump is already on there. I went ahead and ordered the Fore Dual hat pump to remedy the problem. The builder check the injectors and pressure and there didn't seem to be anything out of order. We've been sending all the information back and forth with Johan and he has been another great set of eyes on the problem. The consensus at this point is not enough fuel and potentially a little belt slippage. We are doing both and putting the AEM Meth injection kit into the mix as well. See how it goes from there. Thank you guys for the feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts