Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, Im stumped. I have an 08 Challenger 6.1L. So yesterday I drove to work, a couple of hours later it wouldn't start. so had it towed to dealer. and they say fuel pump, but they wanted $900+ to fix it. So I had it towed home. I did some looking and noticed that the #6 fuse was burnt out. so got a few more and it kept popping. then I turned the car on, but didn't try and start it, and put a new fuse in, fuse stayed good. Ran a wire from battery to the positive and negative of battery straight to the fuel pump, car started right up. Which tells me, its not the pump but a short somewhere. I can't seem to find wiring diagrams anywhere for this car. And really don't have the first clue how to troubleshoot to find the short. I have a multimeter to test with. just need to know where to go from there. HELP.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,325 Posts
It's possible the pump is going bad and drawing more amps than the fuse is rated. What is the fuse rating? Maybe if it's a 10A try a 15A, a dead short will pop it fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its the pump. its got a 20amp fuse. thats the only thing that it could be. everything else seems fine. now to find it at a better cost that what that crappy dealer wanted.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,325 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts