Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2017 3.6 that ive ordered a supercharger for from ripp im going to be pushing for more power than the 425 whp that it comes with but have heard that the fuel pump cant keep up at around 475 to 485 whp and was wondering if anyone knows a fuel pump upgrade thatll work with my car thanks

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,959 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry should have listed what i have done to the car currently i have upgraded ignition coils from ripp and ngk spark plugs unlocked pcm from hp tuners currently running a k&n intake but will obviously be replaced by the ripp kit a ripp oil catch can and ive also got ported upper and lower intake manifolds and forged head studs sitting in my room waiting to go in with the supercharger when it finally arrives and the kitt comes with upgraded injectors 19johned53 thats actually a good idea il have to contact them
has anyone actually upgraded a fuel pump on an sxt before and if so what did you use

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,277 Posts
sorry should have listed what i have done to the car currently i have upgraded ignition coils from ripp and ngk spark plugs unlocked pcm from hp tuners currently running a k&n intake but will obviously be replaced by the ripp kit a ripp oil catch can and ive also got ported upper and lower intake manifolds and forged head studs sitting in my room waiting to go in with the supercharger when it finally arrives and the kitt comes with upgraded injectors 19johned53 thats actually a good idea il have to contact them
has anyone actually upgraded a fuel pump on an sxt before and if so what did you use
I haven't, but over the years of checking FI out for the Hemi, companies usually suggest what is needed for various hp levels.

I'm betting that Ripp could tell you what set up would be needed with their unit.

Best to you on this build. Should be fun.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I'm sure you already know, but the stock trans and probably bottom end won't live at 480whp. As far as fuel pump I don't see why a pump used by the v8s wouldn't work? Fuel tank should all be the same

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,959 Posts
Yep that's not gonna go very well transmission wise especially if you get hard on it and leave that stock 2.65 rear end in it... A Stock SXT is still a fun ride....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im aware of the rear end not holding up as i plan on going replace it with a pumpkin from an R/T with limited slip at a final drive of 3.90 and also im buying the axles from an rt so going from 195mm to 230mm axles as far as the transmission goes im looking into a stage 2 transmission or possibly just building the one thats in there right now

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,959 Posts
im aware of the rear end not holding up as i plan on going replace it with a pumpkin from an R/T with limited slip at a final drive of 3.90 and also im buying the axles from an rt so going from 195mm to 230mm axles as far as the transmission goes im looking into a stage 2 transmission or possibly just building the one thats in there right now
I do not think the LSD will work with the PCM on an SXT... Truthfully for all these updates needed a trade in towards an RT would be cheaper less mod more Reliable...You got a 2017 SXT id Trade it before all the mods and updates in the End... What about Exhaust as well ?

You may want to read this over closely... Especially about the carrier etc., Good Luck

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I'm not trying to steer u in any direction as well, but don't look at the hp number claimed by rip and expect to be gap any scat packs or even 5.7s. pentastar makes no power down low when compared to the v8s, even with a supercharger. Not to mention all the drivetrain work, motor work, brakes, wheels/tires, suspension that should all be upgraded with that kind of a hp jump. I can tell you first hand that my R/T brakes are not good enough since the supercharger and the brembos are expensive. Not bashing the SXT at all, it's a great car for what it's built for, which isn't being very fast. Imo the best option is to get a new 2020 5.7 with the optional brembo brakes and build off that. With current offers you can get a great deal.
Oh btw, those ripp coil packs are a waste of money unless you're oem coil packs failed. They are no different than oem other than looks. Just wanted to say that since they claim they magically increase hp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the lsd should have no issue with the pcm as its a mechanical lsd not an electronic one and while ive looked into trading in for an rt or a scat pack i spent about a year debating on whether or not i should go that route but i decided to mod the v6 because i simply think its more fun to build something hardly anyone builds than to buy the scatpack i will eventually buy a hellcat but right now im 20 and this is not my only car i have a 2007 hummer so if something like a differential breaks after a launch its not the end of the world il still make it to work ;) ive followed a build that 86face did with his v6 and as he just recently sold it ive had to look in my own direction, as far as the rear end he made 475 or 485(cant remember) whp on the diff and axles i mentioned and it held up (not the head studs those strecthed) the only thing i havent done that he did was he had a stage 2 transmission i appreciate everyones advice and jd40 i was curious if that were the case maybe il have to purchase an upgraded fuel pump for a scat pack and just try it

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
the lsd should have no issue with the pcm as its a mechanical lsd not an electronic one and while ive looked into trading in for an rt or a scat pack i spent about a year debating on whether or not i should go that route but i decided to mod the v6 because i simply think its more fun to build something hardly anyone builds than to buy the scatpack i will eventually buy a hellcat but right now im 20 and this is not my only car i have a 2007 hummer so if something like a differential breaks after a launch its not the end of the world il still make it to work ;) ive followed a build that 86face did with his v6 and as he just recently sold it ive had to look in my own direction, as far as the rear end he made 475 or 485(cant remember) whp on the diff and axles i mentioned and it held up (not the head studs those strecthed) the only thing i havent done that he did was he had a stage 2 transmission i appreciate everyones advice and jd40 i was curious if that were the case maybe il have to purchase an upgraded fuel pump for a scat pack and just try it
I'm running the billet fuel pump from shophemi. Good up to ~700whp. If you're only going for like 450ish then the stock 392 pump is good enough.
Edit: just checked and the 5.7 and 3.6 use the same stock fuel pump. So anything a 5.7 can use so can the 3.6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts