Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Did they keep the car to continue to try and figure out why or did they give you the car back?

My '09 SE had an issue a few months after buying it where the gauge would show, say 3/4ths full but when I would put gas in it the pump would shut off thinking it was full but it wasn't. They ended up replacing the gas tank and soon after my issue a TSB came out about this issue. But that was quite a while back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a problem with my fuel gauge moving up and down real bad. Even my distance to empty is acting crazy. I got the fuel pump replaced Friday and it's worse then what it was before. Hopefully they fix this because I love my car but I've only had it since may.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
There is a sending unit that clips to the side of the fuel basket. It has a rod and float ball at the end. There are 2 blue wires coming from it to a prong plug in under the fuel basket hat. It has a sweeper type bar that reads resistance voltage and send a signal out that converts to the fuel gauge fuel level. Easy to work on easy to change. Sounds like replacment is needed.
FlatTop

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a sending unit that clips to the side of the fuel basket. It has a rod and float ball at the end. There are 2 blue wires coming from it to a prong plug in under the fuel basket hat. It has a sweeper type bar that reads resistance voltage and send a signal out that converts to the fuel gauge fuel level. Easy to work on easy to change. Sounds like replacment is needed.
FlatTop

I hope so. I will tell them about that when I talk to them. The guy that fixed my fuel pump contacted Chrysler and waiting for a reply back. They just need to fix it.:SM030:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts