Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research on making the R/T sound a bit meaner. I refuse to pay for overpriced exhaust systems, so I'm giving this budget mod a go.

When I looked this system up, I was unable to find a video for an R/T with this exhaust setup. If anyone with an R/T was considering it, I'll be back here posting some videos of it installed.

Thanks for reading. :redblob:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I deleted the rear resonators on my R/T 6-speed and I have never regretted it for a minute.

Cheap mod and it sounds great.

Oh and I lost about 60 pounds of curbweight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very interested to hear the results!

I'm just afraid of the drone that I imagine will be present with this setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received the UPS package today. I went out with the intent to get three estimates from local established exhaust shops and pick the cheapest. I failed to motivate myself past the first and only shop I visited.

I asked them to install the two Jones boxes and remove the resonators. They told me $150 will do the trick. I was too lazy to get two more estimates so I told them to work their magic.

An hour and change later they were done. The car sounds fantastic. I was able to avoid the raspy sound I've heard on some other Challengers. It's a nice deep rumble. I heard no drone at cruising 65-80. I hated the drone on my Ram 1500 with Flowmaster. I'll throw one or two more updates in here after I place some more miles on her. I'm hoping it stays drone free, if not, I'll be back to bash it.

(2) Jones Full Boar from latemodelrestoration with shipping $94

&

labor at shop $150

// videos to come tomorrow

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds really good for a v6, it took me almost a year and a half to finally figure out what exhaust i want on my v6 challenger...i wanted it to be a little louder and meaner than most of the pre-made v6 kits. I went with a true dual with dual flowmaster super 10's and of course had the resonators removed...ill be posting a video ASAP

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am highly highly considering this for my exhaust setup!

Would like to hear from some more R/T owners as how they like it, and even some sound clips!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the Jones full boar muflers and love them. I had the suitcase removed and put them there. At the same time I had the rear resonators taken off. The sound is great especially with my shorty headers. Sorry I have no sound clip though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts