Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I own an '11 and love the'15 and up interior. Decided to swap it all out and see how it is. Its amazing of what they actually changed and didnt. Heres few pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
You have to be the first person here to pull that off. I can't imagine the number of hours of labor that took, but congratulations!!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,733 Posts
You've got a lot more guts and patience than me. I think I would have just updated to a 2015+ and called it a day. Nice job though!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont like buying a car done. Its actually much cheaper fod me to build cars. I see no point in buying something only knowing im going to rip it apart and rebuild the way i like/ want. I went from v6 auto to v8 manual. Look in the pics and youll see auto shifter and 3 pedals. Took 3 days to switch everything out

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have less then 10k in my car. Only has 25,000 miles also. So i dont see how you can say its better to buy a '15. Maybe for you,yes but not for me

·
Registered
603 Posts
So you did more then a interior swap if it was an v6 automatic now it's a v8 manual, got any more pictures?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started with 3.6 and auto. Knowing ill end up putting old school 440 in it mated to the 6 speed. Will run the factory injection on the 440 also. Just takes a little time. Its easier to work bugs out as i go rather than have multiple gremlins at once. Im going to receive crap talk from guys saying the new motors are better but its not in my opinion. I thought long and hard about what i wanted in the end. Hood is from '19 redeye. Bought it from dodge. Same as the cold air intake. Converted the two to make a full functioning cold air pakage. Hood holes is only place my engine gets air. Ill see about more pics but hard to post everywhere. Will try to find a specific place to post all the pics from day one til now

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
78 Posts
Badass, I have been thinking about that swap for some time now, (440) but I don't have time for it, haha, cant wait to some photos when its done!

·
Registered
16 Posts
He didn't say it was better to buy a '15, he said he would because he doesn't have the patience or guts. It's definitely a labor of love when you make big mods, not everyone can for various reasons (skills, time, a place to work, money, tools, whatever). Anyhow, it looks great and congrats on making it your own. I would also love to see the 440 when it's ready, kind of the opposite of what many are doing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Badass, I have been thinking about that swap for some time now, (440) but I don't have time for it, haha, cant wait to some photos when its done!
My build. 2011 sxt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Id like to see the others that changed interior. I know what it takes. I did it. Id like to talk to them and see what they did and compare notes. Check my build. 2011 sxt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts