Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ceramic is amazing. But the paint correction is the trick adding to the shine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ceramic is amazing. But the paint correction is the trick adding to the shine.

Agreed the paint correction took all the swirl marks out. I was blown away at the difference.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Absolutely, take out the factory orange peel, swirls everything.

·
Registered
67 Posts
She looks Great and this picture is just Gorgeous!
Thanks....
I didnt notice it but the orange glow in the middle of the car was a reflection of the sunset.

Absolutely, take out the factory orange peel, swirls everything.

I am a bit worried when I wash it! I am afraid of returning the swirl marks!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good soaps, balanced PH, no touching car washes you got this. Between the 2 cars and my trans am, I own stock on good products. Lol

I use a lot of ceramic waterless cleaner!

Reactions: hansman

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good soaps, balanced PH, no touching car washes you got this. Between the 2 cars and my trans am, I own stock on good products. Lol

Lol.
I hear you. I already bought way too many things from GriotsGarage.com, including the foam cannon, etc, etc!

Reactions: Designflaw

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
It will eventually get some swirls just from driving, the trick is to not impart any (or as few as possible) yourself. My coated car is over 4 years on coating, and I wouldn't want to see it under led lights, but just in the sun, not being all swirled up like most black cars I see makes all the difference

A Guy

Reactions: hansman

·
Registered
455 Posts
Some sharp looking cars. As stated before paint correction is key to a great shine. Here is the hood of my Challenger after I did a full paint correction. I haven't stepped up to the ceramic coatings yet but have been using "The Last Coat V2" with great results so far. Just got back from a 5,200 mile road trip leaving about a million bugs splattered across the front. Hit it with my pressure washer and the front looked new again.

How does the ceramic coatings hold up to bug splatter?

Here's my 2014 SS Sedan with over 100K miles on it after I did a full paint correction.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got home after 200 mile ride no bugs!! Your 2 cars look great. I think the key to ceramic is nothing really sticks to it.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Agree on the touchless aspect. I typically use a foam gun and unless the car is very dirty (usually only on road trips since I wash it at least twice a week) and power washer. I also only use a blower to dry the car. The only other thing I do is apply Beadmaker but use a lot of microfiber towels (one microfiber side per panel) and don't press/rub hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts