Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got a used 2009 Challenger and the Spare & Jack are missing. I hate those donut tires anyway, so I was hoping there are other wheels that are compatible. I plan on trying junkyards, but im sure there aren't many challengers there. what other models' rims will I be able to just bolt on to my challenger if I get a flat? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Any other 18 inch rims off a RWD (not all-wheel drive) Charger, Magnum or 300 will fit. Just make sure the tires are the same size.

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
A full size wheel tire will not store flat in the tire well.

Even the compact spare tire has to lay in at at angle to fit under the trunk trim:

Here's some images for reference for the spare / tire jack:

Attachments

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
I have not seen that before. It looks like it comes from Steve white motors, they are a supporting vendor on this site. Looks like a good alternative to the mini spare if you're willing to give up most of your trunk space. Personally, I went with the small space saver spare.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Thanks. I was super confused when I looked in the trunk, saw the foam thing and the compressor, but no tire or jack. Then I got the build sheet and saw the spare was deleted. So weird.: Automotive[/url]
The spare & jack was optional for '09-'10 and became standard equipment (or credit delete option) from '11 onward on non-SRT models. When the spare tire delete option is selected, you get the TireFit compressor and fix-a-flat sealant.

The SRT brake hardware will not allow sufficient clearance with the 18" spare which is why its not offered.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so im thinking more and I'm leaning towards getting the smaller spare instead of the full size one, looks like it would take up quite a bit of room. So, what size spare would have come with a 2009 R/T? I'm seeing 17" & 18" on ebay etc... I'm assuming I should get an 18" to match my other wheels? I'm going to need to remove the foam and compressor etc.. aren't I? After that, will the 18" spare fit? Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a full sized spare for road trips. Otherwise, when on my normal weekly routine, the spare sits at home in the garage. If I need it, ill figure out how to go get it, or just have car towed to a shop in town to have the bad tire replaced

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I'm coming to the reckoning that if you lose a tire on this car, that's the least of your problems. If the wheel is damaged and needs replacement, that is when the "real" headache starts (talking specifically for 18" wheel owners).

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I called around junk yards and found a wrecked Charger and got all of that for my car.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I guess I should take a similar strategy. Never thought of it that way, but if TX is riddled with Challengers (it must be as common as an Accord or Camry in CA), that's gotta mean good odds in junkyard wrecks, right?

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
OK, so im thinking more and I'm leaning towards getting the smaller spare instead of the full size one, looks like it would take up quite a bit of room. So, what size spare would have come with a 2009 R/T? I'm seeing 17" & 18" on ebay etc... I'm assuming I should get an 18" to match my other wheels? I'm going to need to remove the foam and compressor etc.. aren't I? After that, will the 18" spare fit? Thanks!
It would be an 18" spare for the Challenger - the Styrofoam insert and pump will have to be removed for the spare to fit - it takes up most of the space.

the spare lies an angle, where the portion towards the front is tipped down and the rear is up...that's how they fit into the well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts