Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished basically gutting and replacing everything but the factory radio in the car. I sound deadened the entire trunk, deck, sides, and doors. I've done a lot of systems in my cars and this time I wanted to do something special. So, I removed the floor and foam storage tray in the spare tire well and built all new panels, amp rack, and sub box.
The equipment I installed included:
jl audio 300/4 and 600/1
Precision power 3 way components up front
JBL w12 gti sub in a ported enclosure
Soundstream 6.5 inch speakers in the rear deck
Soundstream Harmony Processor
Pac AP4-CH41 with optical output to interface the factory radio
The amps are mounted in the tire well in a custom amp rack with trim panels and red led lights.
The box is ported and built to spec firing into the cabin sealed off from the rest of the trunk.
I built a trim panel for the back of the box to flow into the amp rack and further seal off the trunk from the rest of the car to keep the bass inside the car.
The processor is flush mounted next to the box in the trim panel and the controller I mounted in the coin tray in the console.
The mid bass is mounted in the door, the midrange is in the dash and I mounted the tweeters on the a-pillars.
Overall, I was excited with the finished product and I think it sounds great.
I have a ton of pics but only uploaded some of them. If anybody wants a pic of something specific, just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tasteful install from what I can see. I used to do quite a few installs back in the day. My only criticism is the location of the sound stream. I don't like the abs plastic insert that was used, as it has that kind of cheap feel to it. My recommendation would be to sand it down flat and vinyl wrap it to match or coordinate. Just being honest.

Other than that I like the isolation you used for the sub. What tuning are you utilizing for the sub? 30hz? Also good on you for sound-deadening the trunk area. Rattle always made me self-conscious when driving around.

What did you use for your sound deadening material?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used raamaudio bxt sound deadener along with their ensolite peel and stick foam. In regards to the soundstream controller, I made several different ones before ending up using the abs plastic. I tried sanding the plastic to a flat finish but it didn't look right. I then tried to paint the abs a flat black color and that didn't look right either. I even made one out of mdf and painted it a flat black, but the abs one still looked the best. I thought about using vinyl but the vinyl I have didn't look right either. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts