Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a v6 challenger 3.5L...I paid an insanely low price for it...and just going out and buying an RT actually makes no sense...

I have looked into two different options...

Getting a fully built stroked 4.7 v6 with forged parts high flow heads and super aggressive cam and custom compression pistons...which means I could have it handle a ton of boost and never have to worry...with out the turbo the hp would be at about the 400hp mark

or I could go the way of a 6.1 conversion slightly modified cam and better heads with a turbo, which means that I would not be able to run a big amount of boost...without the turbo the hp would be 500hp

both will cost me about the same roughly 16k...

I am not hell bent on v8, they are bad a$$, but not super important...Just curious on everyone's thoughts are...I am thinking being able to run more boost could easily push quite a bit more hp then the v8 with limited boost...

*please no v6 bashing, it gets really old, really quick and does not impress anyone (if you think the v8 is a better option, then that is cool...but just no blatant bashing)*

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
16K you can do a 392 or a 426 and put out some great #s I would look into a V8 just becouse after you you the work to the V6 you would be maxed out on what you could do to that motor with the V8 you have alot more options to keep adding power.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
16K you can do a 392 or a 426 and put out some great #s I would look into a V8 just becouse after you you the work to the V6 you would be maxed out on what you could do to that motor with the V8 you have alot more options to keep adding power.
This ^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see what you are saying...but the hp numbers I would get from either the 6.1 v8 or the v6 I would pretty much be fine with the numbers and not really worried about putting out more power...but I do see your point :) and its something I have considered...but the 392 and the 426 takes up all but probably 2k of the 16k and wont put out the power of either of the other options...

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
I see what you are saying...but the hp numbers I would get from either the 6.1 v8 or the v6 I would pretty much be fine with the numbers and not really worried about putting out more power...but I do see your point :) and its something I have considered...but the 392 and the 426 takes up all but probably 2k of the 16k and wont put out the power of either of the other options...
Dont know where you got those #s from but give me a call on Tueday when we get back from Carlisle and I think I may have an option for you that you cant refuse but I need some more info from you about your car and your goals.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,100 Posts
For street use, I want N/A and cubic inches. No blowers or turbos thanks. Been there, and done that. More parts...........more problems............more cost.

Just me.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont know where you got those #s from but give me a call on Tueday when we get back from Carlisle and I think I may have an option for you that you cant refuse but I need some more info from you about your car and your goals.
the next couple of weeks.i am on vacation and phone is scarce, could we do email? very interested in chatting with you.

as for my numbers i see most 426 motors alone go for 14k thats not incluidng pcm and harness needed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For street use, I want N/A and cubic inches. No blowers or turbos thanks. Been there, and done that. More parts...........more problems............more cost.

Just me.

i see what you are saying but i woild be swapping out a v6 for a v8 so realible is a bit of out the window. i have had both buily n/a and fi... both came with there hiccups but fi is so much fun :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well I would like to see someone pull off a nice v6 to v8 conversion so I'm voting for that. Either way you should make for some awesome reading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts