Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know alot of you have been waiting a long while for a way to make your Mopar T/A hood functional. We now have a kit that can do just that. This is the same system that is being used on the Mopar '10 cars, so it not only functions, but looks OEM as well.

Here is a pic of the system, it directs air from the T/A hood scoop, to the air intake box area. This will bring cooler/fresh outside air right into the Cold Air Intake filter area.

These kits are available at Speedlogix now for $499.88!
Here is a link to order, or you can always call us at the shop:
Mopar OEM Functional T/A Hood Scoop 09-10 Challenger

P.S. We also have the T/A hoods available for those who were waiting to do this mod only if it could be functional.
Mopar T/A Hood 08-09 Challenger

·
Premium Member
10,453 Posts
do you have the 82211665AC hood?
I just spoke with my Mopar Dealer. That Part number actually rolls over to a 82211665AD - which will be available in the next 3-5 business days.

Our dealer has one of these hoods in stock: 82211665AB which rolls over to the 82211665AC part number, which in turn rolls over to the 82211665AD part number.

They were not able to tell me the difference in the Three other than they are all T/A Hoods from Mopar, and they have the 82211665AB in stock now.

Thanks!
Mikey

·
Registered
533 Posts
I heard that this kit will only work on 5.7's. Do you know of anyone using this with a 6.1?
I saw that same statement from Mopar in a flier. I believe that's in reference to the 2011s. The 6.1 isn't available anymore and the 6.4 has a different intake system, so it won't match up. I believe this should work with the 6.1 with a stock air box. I'm not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw that same statement from Mopar in a flier. I believe that's in reference to the 2011s. The 6.1 isn't available anymore and the 6.4 has a different intake system, so it won't match up. I believe this should work with the 6.1 with a stock air box. I'm not 100% sure though.
I saw it in an ebay ad for a t/a hood. The year model referenced was 2008-2011.(for the hood) I would feel a whole lot better about making that investment knowing that its not a problem with a 6.1. (With a mopar cai) I think I'll hit up the body mod forum.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How does it route air INTO the intake box? the factory box has a lid on it that is sealed on the top, does the kit come with a new lid that has an opening for the air to get into the intake area? or do we need to cut a hole in the top of where the air filter sits?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't see any reason why it would not work on a 6.1. If it fits with a 5.7 engine cover it should have no issue with a 6.1 intake. If we could find someone local (s Fla) that has this hood on a 6.1 we can easily test fit it.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does it route air INTO the intake box? the factory box has a lid on it that is sealed on the top, does the kit come with a new lid that has an opening for the air to get into the intake area? or do we need to cut a hole in the top of where the air filter sits?
It was designed to route air to a CAI, moreso than the stock airbox. Directing the air over the factory box won't do much. This system was developed for the Mopar 10 cars that come standard with a CAI from the factory.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Couple questions. Is there any reason this wouldn't work with a 2011? Does it only work with the Mopar CAI or would it work the same with the K&N CAI? Being challenged (to say the least) with a screwdriver. Is this something that can be installed by skill less indiviuals like myself or something I can order and have say my dealer install? Does it come with the replacement panels for front of scoop? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is this something that can be installed by skill less indiviuals like myself or something I can order and have say my dealer install?
My plan was for speedlogix to drop ship the hood and kit to my body shop. I do alot of my own wrenching for the most part. But this I would turn over to the pros, to ensure its properly aligned and the latch was set-up properly. They are gonna have to paint it anyway and possibly the fenders to blend the colors properly. Well worth the $300-$500 I was quoted.

·
Registered
239 Posts
to ensure its properly aligned and the latch was set-up properly. They are gonna have to paint it anyway and possibly the fenders to blend the colors properly.
Wow, that is way more involved than I thought. I was under the impression from the picture that it was just the under hood piece and it would marry up with my existing hood. I am sure am glad I can ask these questions in the forum, otherwise my wife would ban me from the checkbook :bigthumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, that is way more involved than I thought. I was under the impression from the picture that it was just the under hood piece and it would marry up with my existing hood. I am sure am glad I can ask these questions in the forum, otherwise my wife would ban me from the checkbook :bigthumb:

My bad bro. I see now that you already have the T/A hood. Good for you that will save you a ton of $$. I'm not sure whats involved with the kit alone.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Couple questions. Is there any reason this wouldn't work with a 2011? Does it only work with the Mopar CAI or would it work the same with the K&N CAI? Being challenged (to say the least) with a screwdriver. Is this something that can be installed by skill less indiviuals like myself or something I can order and have say my dealer install? Does it come with the replacement panels for front of scoop? :scratchhead:
I knew there were some instructions available somewhere! Found 'em. :) Check out http://moparestore.trademotion.com/moparimages/accessory%20catalog/images/isheets/K6861103.pdf to see what's involved. Then you can see if it's something you can handle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Time to buy myself a birthday present, last year i got the challenger and the TA hood, now its time to make it finally functional. Not sure i want to spend for both the air duct and the cai at the same time, but gotta get something ordered soon. Its either this or the pedal kit and a new buffer.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts