Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FF Challenger had holes drilled in the front bumpers for a dealer installed license plate. I've found a high end bumper hole plug company that will color match the bumper with neat little plugs. They do mostly Porsches. They don't have the FF color but will make it a standard item if 6 people make a request. Otherwise they want $99 for a custom order, it's usually about $25 for a set of 3, even though you need only two. If you have the same issue as I do you can email them at [email protected] and address it to Eric. Or email me at [email protected] and I will forward it to Eric. If 6 people email Eric or myself we'll get the $25 price, they color match it exactly and clear coat it, plus we get one spare. Any takers?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You might be better off just making your own considering the price they want for those. Plastic plugs+adhesion promoter/primer+paint+clear= a heck of a lot less than $99. Would make for a fun little project too:browsmiley:
Just something to think about.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I have the same problem. Used a local dealer to ship in a car from out-of-state that was configured the way I wanted it. I was at a loss of words to see the front license plate installed when I got it. Normally, they just throw them in the trunk and the customer does it. To add insult to injury, they drilled FOUR holes as opposed to TWO holes. :mad:

I'm looking for a solution. But I have a black Challenger. Someone linked me to this site, but I'm not sure I like them. They look HUGE in the pictures. Maybe it would be okay with just two, but with four I think it will look like a patch job. I've been told many body shops can fill the holes and repaint. Not sure it'd be $99 or less though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have my Challenger yet, even, but thought I would pipe in and say that the company puts out a good product. I got some plugs for my Porsche (at the "cheap" price of course) and the product has held up nicely, paint color matching was nice. I, too, would think twice about the $99 price tho. Maybe get a small bottle of touchup paint (good thing to have around anyway?) and fashion up some of your own. Just find some plastic plugs at Home Depot or someplace and give it a try!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I may be interested, but I might be replacing the whole front bumper cover because it cracked by the fog light for some unknown reason. I'm going to try to have dodge cover it under warranty. We haven't hit anything and the car only has 1100 miles on it. The car is away for the winter now. I'll deal with this in the spring. The paint for this FF color car is real expensive. I paid, my cost was $268 plus shipping for a quart. A pint was $214.00 You can only get it from Sherwin Williams.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This particular FF car was displayed at the 2010 SEMA show in Las Vegas, at the Las Vegas Speedway and driven in a parade in Vegas so I guess the dealer wanted maximum exposure, hence the front plate installation. It would be the same cost for me to buy paint, clear coat, and the plugs as it would be to buy their $25 set so I still think there might be another 5 people who want them hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Holes

I have the same problem. Used a local dealer to ship in a car from out-of-state that was configured the way I wanted it. I was at a loss of words to see the front license plate installed when I got it. Normally, they just throw them in the trunk and the customer does it. To add insult to injury, they drilled FOUR holes as opposed to TWO holes. :mad:

I'm looking for a solution. But I have a black Challenger. Someone linked me to this site, but I'm not sure I like them. They look HUGE in the pictures. Maybe it would be okay with just two, but with four I think it will look like a patch job. I've been told many body shops can fill the holes and repaint. Not sure it'd be $99 or less though.
Nope. I've used these bumper plugs on all my cars that have been drilled and they are a perfect fit and color match. Like you, I had four lovely holes in my BBP Challenger and ordered four plugs. They came out perfect without looking like a patch job and I was very satisfied when finished. All I did was clean-up the holes per instructions and plugged away. Now I need four more in FF, count me in!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I forwarded enough people to [email protected] who need the Furious Fuchsia bumper plugs to get them to offer FF as a stock color, but anyone who needs them email me at [email protected] and I will forward your post, also email Eric directly to get these made up, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, or FF colored bumper hole plugs.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts