Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been trying to locate some FF touch-up paint and none of the dealers I've contacted seem to have it. A couple of them have even told me it's not available. Hard for me to believe Mopar would sell a car and not have the touch-up paint for it. :scratchhead:

Anyway, has any other FF owner had any luck finding it? Any help would be appreciated. :wave:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You may want to try going to a finishmasters location and seeing if they can mix a small can for you. I got a can of dupont chromabase for my DY challenger mixed at finishmasters and it was almost a perfect match for my yellow car. (it aint cheap though) and you have to get clear also, it doesn't actually match unless its cleared over.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any high quality body shop with their own paint system should be able to not only mix you up a bottle but actually custom match it if they are into it and you are willing to throw them a couple of extra bucks

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I bought some FF touch-up paint from Drcolorchip.com. It took them a couple of tries to get it right. It appears that the paint code for FF (PHP) was also used on the 2005 PT Cruiser which was called Deep Plum Pearl. That is what they sent me the first time. It was a purple color that does not match FF. After giving them the info again that I was looking for the FF paint for a 2010 Challenger they got it right on the second try.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I bought some FF touch-up paint from Drcolorchip.com. It took them a couple of tries to get it right. It appears that the paint code for FF (PHP) was also used on the 2005 PT Cruiser which was called Deep Plum Pearl. That is what they sent me the first time. It was a purple color that does not match FF. After giving them the info again that I was looking for the FF paint for a 2010 Challenger they got it right on the second try.
Exactly what he said. They made it right & let me keep the original mistake bottle.

·
Registered
330 Posts
how did the color match up compared to the car? can you notice a big difference betweeen the stock paint and touch up?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
how did the color match up compared to the car? can you notice a big difference betweeen the stock paint and touch up?
I will let you know when I do it. I just uncovered the car from storage & will do it soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally in!!

I bought paint from Dr. ColorChip and it matched pretty well - but I only had the smallest of nicks so it's hard to tell how good the match really is.

By the way, while at my local Mopar dealer getting my rockers replaced (another story - don't get me started) I went in and talked with the Parts manager about why Mopar didn't have the FF paint.

He didn't believe me and grabbed the parts paint book and was pretty shocked to see that no FF paint was listed. Anyway, long story short - he called Mopar and in about 2 weeks I had a bottle of FF touch-up paint from Mopar. The parts rep said the factory told him they were having a hard time matching the color and had finally released it for sale???

Also, there was also a vendor on eBay that contacted me a few weeks ago to tell me he had finally received a bottle of the FF touch-up paint too. I told him I already bought mine but, thanks for the call anyway... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I bought paint from Dr. ColorChip and it matched pretty well - but I only had the smallest of nicks so it's hard to tell how good the match really is.

By the way, while at my local Mopar dealer getting my rockers replaced (another story - don't get me started) I went in and talked with the Parts manager about why Mopar didn't have the FF paint.

He didn't believe me and grabbed the parts paint book and was pretty shocked to see that no FF paint was listed. Anyway, long story short - he called Mopar and in about 2 weeks I had a bottle of FF touch-up paint from Mopar. The parts rep said the factory told him they were having a hard time matching the color and had finally released it for sale???

Also, there was also a vendor on eBay that contacted me a few weeks ago to tell me he had finally received a bottle of the FF touch-up paint too. I told him I already bought mine but, thanks for the call anyway... :thumbsup:
You should post the part number from the bottle that they sent you. That should help the OP and anyone else looking for it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my Mopar touch up a while ago - the dealer had a hard time tracking it down. I just looked at the bottle - it says 05163672AA Paint Code GHP. It's a perfect match for mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a typo - it says GHP.

I had the local Mopar parts guy find it for me - it took over a month (that was a while ago) for him to find it. All I gave him was my VIN. I don't know one paint code from another - all I know is this paint matches my FF SRT8. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Paint code is PHP on my door jam sticker. Not sure what GHP is?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My door jam has the same code - PHP. But the Mopar touch-up bottle says GHP. I have no idea why the difference in codes :dunno:

All I know is that the paint matches the car.:clap:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dateline: Houston 13th June 2012

Just got back into town and the wife hands me a June 11th receipt from the local Dodge dealer parts counter for Furious Fuchsia touch-up paint and spray paint. At first they apparently couldn't find the part numbers in their books, but did an in depth search in their computer system and were eventually able to locate both items. They are being shipped from Dallas and Milwaukee for arrival today. What a good wife :spineyes:

5163672-AA $10.45
5163673-AA $10.60

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info -- my spoiler rubs the trunklid a tiny bit and there's a chip there that I'd like to cover. Definitely not something you can pick up at the auto parts store :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts