Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I think I got the right numbers for furious fuchsia code PHP. I got one of the guys at work to call specifier today and got numbers that I don't see anywhere else (and they are different than the 04 PT Cruiser PHP plum). I ordered one of each, tube w/brush and rattle can. Rattle can shows inventory but shows price as "unpriced item". No one at work has ever seen that before so it's unknown if we'll get that one. I'm not going to put numbers up on here until I am SURE that it's right. Sorry for the teaser post but I know several are waiting on this info. The paint should be in my hands tuesday morning!

The suspense builds...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm looking for some too. Why don't you just ask Bumperplugs.com as they have the exact match for our color? If he didn't mix it himself, he knows where he got it for our custom plugs. I'll get back with ya'll.
Ridiculous that Chrysler builds a car without providing these items to their customers.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I bought some FF touch up paint from DrColorchip. I used some of it this past weekend on a couple of chips on my hood and it was a perfect match. So there are other sources out there instead of waiting for Dodge to release their OEM paint.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that there are other options, in fact I had my local paint guy take a picture of it with his color matching camera and mix me some basecoat (that I poured into 2 cleaned out touch up paint bottles) which I used on a spot underhood. And I believe it's been out there since the cars were built, but it was such a limited production run, so late in the year that it wasn't listed in the 2010 color charts that chrysler released early in the 10 model year. I had to get specifier for another part that I needed so I had the parts guy ask about the fuchsia while he was at it. Based on my previous experience with factory touch up paint, you will probably have a closer match from someone who takes a picture with a color matching camera. Highly metallic colors and pearl coats are very difficult to match. Even a perfect color match will usually not look right due to the metallics not laying down the same via brush. I've used a LOT of touch up paint on a lot of different cars. Silver and gold are almost impossible to fill in a scratch and make it look good. Solid colors are way easier. FWIW, MOST new GM buyers don't get paint with their new cars either. Occasionally some customers report that a bottle just shows up in their mailbox a few weeks later. Don't know about Fords or any rice burners.
Anyway I really hope it's right, it gives people an easy option. Will post results. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is the correct paint. Brush/tube is 5163672AA

Spray is 5163673AA.

Don't have the spray yet but it's 1 digit off the tube so i'm sure the number is correct. Haven't tried it to look at color match (don't need it anywhere yet). I know others were looking for this info awhile back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ExpressPaint.com did mine. Looks absolutely correct....

jerij

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Great, but who do you get it from?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are the dodge part numbers. I posted them because awhile back when the FF's hit the streets, people where were inquiring about the touch up paint. Most dealers (us included) print out the sheet of touch up paint codes and part numbers early in the year, so the late build furious fuchsia was not on that sheet and you have to dig a little. I dug, and found, for my wife's car and thought i'd share hoping it helps someone. I'm sure most parts guys at the dealerships can get you this without my help, but this might make someones life easier. :)

The warehouse screwed up the spray can order pretty bad though. They stuck the proper part number on a box of 1 oz. a/c dye bottles (with the right number for them right next to it). So we sent those back and get to try again. :notallthere:

·
Registered
375 Posts
My dealer finally sent me mine... it is a dodge supplied rattler can with brush..

they do exsist...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I bought some FF touch up paint from DrColorchip. I used some of it this past weekend on a couple of chips on my hood and it was a perfect match. So there are other sources out there instead of waiting for Dodge to release their OEM paint.
Exactly what I did, perfection!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Furios Fuscia Paint Code

I know this is a old post and i found it when I was looking about a year and a half ago for some touch up paint. But I picked up a can from Dodge today.
It reads:
(GHP)
FURIOUS FUSCIA
E05163673AA
Mopar
$11.00 I got 2, for ...Easter Bunny Eggs..and stuff
Happy Easter:spam:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I know this is a old post and i found it when I was looking about a year and a half ago for some touch up paint. But I picked up a can from Dodge today.
It reads:
(GHP)
FURIOUS FUSCIA
E05163673AA
Mopar
$11.00 I got 2, for ...Easter Bunny Eggs..and stuff
Happy Easter:spam:
So, what about some info on your car. Then I can add it to the FF Threads here on CT.

SRT (# of 400) or R/T
auto/manual
sunroof/hardtop
stripe color/interior color (R/T)
last 6 digits of VIn & MDH #er

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts