Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to apply furniture polish on tires? Supposedly, it gives them a nice satin look and lasts two weeks or more.

Check out this video.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
641 Posts
Scott is an interesting guy, lots of detailing videos some with unique ideas such as using furniture polish as a tire dressing. Another Youtube detailer turned me on to Chemical Guys VRP. It can be used on vinyl, rubber, and plastic, easy to apply, doesn't sling, long lasting, just the right gloss for me. I see no reason to try other products.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I've always wanted my tires to have that fresh lemony scent. :grin2:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Works great, but you need to use the real stuff. The Dollar store brands evaporate off. This has been around for decades.

It gives your tires the natural look they had when they were new.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
We had a tire dressing discussion not long ago. I was going to try some of Griot's satin finish, but I tried using good old 303. The satin finish only lasted about a week, but the tire is still a deep black. I think I'll stick with 303.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Hey Guy, what do you use? I've recently applied tire stickers to my tires...
Chadwick's No Sling Tire Dressing 16 Oz Bottle - Feature Product - Chadwick's Triple Play

Going on 23 months, still have at least 1/4 bottle, and I use it almost every week. Did just buy a new applicator though, mine was getting worn :) Not sure how tire dressings in general work on white letters, I'd imagine something relatively clear like 303 might be a good choice. It would protect the letters too.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Why? My tire dressing would last longer than that (even with weekly washing, I don't have to reapply if I didn't want to). Pledge has silicone in it, among other nasties. And no UVA protection

https://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/1395-PledgeFurnitureSprayLemonClean

A Guy
Sites like that crack me up.......You're not supposed to EAT the chemicals or spray it in your EYES or nose ect.........if it's used wrong yeah it "can" be harmful to your health but if you spray a toilet surface with LYSOL for instance or a countertop and let it dry, it won't hurt you, unless you lick the countertop right away! :grin2:

TIRES.....I have good luck with the Orange bottle of ARMOR ALL GEL tire dressing. Lasts a long time and a good shine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts