Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Challenger and need to disable the windows in the down position so I can avoid failing a state inspection for havin too dark a tint. I know this sounds crazy but I heard it would work. Anyone know which fuse it is and if there is anything else I need to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just roll them down pop out the switch panel and unplug them? Most power windows have a 30-40 amp circuit breaker. This can be removed on older cars, not sure on newer models.

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Lol, creative thinking just hope the inspector doesn't want to roll up the windows to check.

·
Super Moderator
16,096 Posts
its a circuit breaker - will be in the rear power module near the battery.

Don't know which one, never pulled it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in texas, and I was thinking about doing this. I finally found an inspection place that would inspect my car with the illegal tint. But I read the Texas state inspection criteria, and no where does it say that the windows have to work. I mean you can get a street legal dune buggy right? No windows on those things. Yeah just roll them down, and remove the fuse, and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems to be # 13, a circuit breaker. The manual says it contains "self resetting fuses that are only serviceable by an authorized dealer." Maybe I shouldn't mess with it! Thanks all for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts