Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So correct me if I am wrong...at some point certain Dodge Cars like the Charger, Challenger or rumored Barracuda will be based on the Alfa Romeo Giulia?
I sure hope not, here is why:

So the other day while waiting for an oil Change on my 2015 SRT Challenger at a Dodge Dealership that also sells Fiat and Alfa Romeo, I decided to check out the Alfa Romeo Giulia's.

Every Alfa Romeo Giulia on the lot had a window sticker stating they are base priced at around the $32-38k range, and then there are $10k to 20k worth of options added to them for a final price of $42K - $58K on average.

All for a 280hp turbo charged 4 cylinder engine powered car!

Geeeez, so does that mean 6 and 8 cylinder Dodge cars on the Guilia platform will be much more expensive than had they just stuck with the current platform?

Those Guilia's seem way overpriced for what you get.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So correct me if I am wrong...at some point certain Dodge Cars like the Charger, Challenger or rumored Barracuda will be based on the Alfa Romeo Giulia?
I sure hope not, here is why:

So the other day while waiting for an oil Change on my 2015 SRT Challenger at a Dodge Dealership that also sells Fiat and Alfa Romeo, I decided to check out the Alfa Romeo Giulia's.

Every Alfa Romeo Giulia on the lot had a window sticker stating they are base priced at around the $32-38k range, and then there are $10k to 20k worth of options added to them for a final price of $42K - $58K on average.

All for a 280hp turbo charged 4 cylinder engine powered car!

Geeeez, so does that mean 6 and 8 cylinder Dodge cars on the Guilia platform will be much more expensive than had they just stuck with the current platform?

Those Guilia's seem way overpriced for what you get.
I'm pretty sure the new 2020 challenger will use a maserati platform.
However maserati alfa and the rest (ferrari included) is part of fiat family that bought Chrysler family.
So it might happen to share technologies

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
First rumor was that next-gen Charger/Challenger would use current-gen Maserati Ghibli Platform, a modified LX Platform.

That rumor was then clarified, that both the Dodge cars and the Ghibli would use the same platform, a modified Giorgio Platform.

As for the price, it's an Alfa Romeo, it's clad in leather upholstery, it may or may not come in AWD.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Frankly, as long as the chassis will handle 400 - 800HP (which I don't think the current Alfa Romeo can), we'll be good. Heck, FCA turned a Mercedes E-Class chassis into our current Challenger. For me, the size and the skin will matter. They can't make it small (Mustang/Camaro like), and they can't make it European looking (like the Mustang). If it looks like a classic MOPAR (hoping for Cuda inspired look), and it will take all of the awesome HEMI motors and appropriate transmissions, the chassis can be whatever the heck euro-design they want. I don't even care if they stick a turbo 4-banger in it to appeal to the tuner crowd or a hybrid for coastal liberals. They just can't give us something that looks like it should be delivering olive oil to a spaghetti restaurant.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Frankly, as long as the chassis will handle 400 - 800HP (which I don't think the current Alfa Romeo can), we'll be good. Heck, FCA turned a Mercedes E-Class chassis into our current Challenger. For me, the size and the skin will matter. They can't make it small (Mustang/Camaro like), and they can't make it European looking (like the Mustang). If it looks like a classic MOPAR (hoping for Cuda inspired look), and it will take all of the awesome HEMI motors and appropriate transmissions, the chassis can be whatever the heck euro-design they want. I don't even care if they stick a turbo 4-banger in it to appeal to the tuner crowd or a hybrid for coastal liberals. They just can't give us something that looks like it should be delivering olive oil to a spaghetti restaurant.
Excuse me?

We deliver marinara, because Italians get olive oil directly from a tap, you ignoramus.

I'm so upset I could eat a whole wheel of pecorino romano right now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Excuse me?

We deliver marinara, because Italians get olive oil directly from a tap.

I'm from Rome.. Just sayin :) and we don't use olive oil. We use extra virgin olive oil.

Haha

Btw
Alfa now handle 500hp with the quadrifoglio.
Their AWD is one of the best.
Alfa is rebranding. Try to conquer back the US.
Competing against BMW and AUDI.
Maserati will be for the older folks
Ferrari will remain a dream car.
And fiat 500. Well is a real italian mangia pasta :)

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Excuse me?

We deliver marinara, because Italians get olive oil directly from a tap. .

My Great-grandparents were off-the boat Italians, and my grandmother was a first generation American. My grandfather used to talk about the virtues of Italian tires.

He would say "Dago through rain, dago through snow, dago through mud, and whenna dago flat, dago whop-whop-whop".

Maybe the new Challa-cuda will get Italian spare tires instead of air pumps and spray-foam, like some of them do now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
I'm from Rome.. Just sayin :) and we don't use olive oil. , we use extravirgin olive oil.
Yeah right, who has an extra virgin??

A Guy

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Great-grandparents were off-the boat Italians, and my grandmother was a first generation American. My grandfather used to talk about the virtues of Italian tires.

He would say "Dago through rain, dago through snow, dago through mud, and whenna dago flat, dago whop-whop-whop".

Maybe the new Challa-cuda will get Italian spare tires instead of air pumps and spray-foam, like some of them do now.
They also said Fix It Again Tony:|

1 - 10 of 10 Posts