Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya, I don't currently own my Challenger, just yet, but I am planning on snatching up one of these awesome vehicles in the next two months after drooling over getting one for the past year. I've been looking around the forums and thought it would be handy to get some advice on picking a vehicle as well as any modifications that I'll be doing in the long term.

In terms of the different cars and ranges I am looking at, possibly either:

New 2014 r/t plus
or Used 2009-10 SRT8
Either or will be Torred, I love the deep red color of it.

Haven't quite decided, kind of waiting until I finish gathering my down payment. If anyone has any thoughts on those right off of the bat i'd love to hear. =)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Without a doubt, the SRT8 is the best choice. The SRT Track Experience drove this home for me. The brakes, power, handling put the SRT8’s in a class by themselves. Driving the different models of R/T’s and SRT8’s side by side demonstrates the difference. The big brakes transform the car – they really give you confidence.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I've owned both.

The RT is no slouch.

It was definitely the best car I've ever owned........UNTIL...... I got my hands on the SRT8.

Ditto what MOPAH posted. And Torred IS a great color

If you can swing it get the SRT....................... :5:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nothing like have a brand new car but getting a low miles SRT is pretty cool to bro I got mine used and I love it

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Ditto

I've owned both.

The RT is no slouch.

It was definitely the best car I've ever owned........UNTIL...... I got my hands on the SRT8.

Ditto what MOPAH posted. And Torred IS a great color

If you can swing it get the SRT....................... :5:

What he said.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.... either one you cannot go wrong.

Best thing to tell you is to test drive a '13 or '14 RT and then test drive a '10 SRT8 if those are the two you are considering and see what you think. I am a TorRed junkie as I am on my second in that color....

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Whichever you choose, you will be a happy owner. Guaranteed

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts