·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It's always unfortunate to see news like that. Keep in mind that primarily means they aren't going to spend money on designing new engines. That doesn't necessarily mean their existing engines are going away, not for a while anyway. But honestly I can't even name a PSA Group engine off the top of my head. I don't know if they are anything special or not. I just hope the environmental extremist mentality that exists in the EU and their automakers stays more on that side of the pond. Including in the Stellantis merger.

With the PSA group already heavily involved in electric powertrains and having low CO2 emissions, it means that the combustion powertrains in the Stellantis group future products will come from the Fiat-Chrysler side. The combined companies will cover all of each other's bases, and the products will depend on the region. The regulations around the world are getting so ridiculous and vary so much that the only way companies can meet them and still turn a profit is to combine resources together.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good points BlackHemi. On another positive note, maybe PSA Group's electric powered vehicles can balance off FCA's internal combustion engines here in the US in terms of carbon emission credits. We're gonna need all the help we can get to keep the Hemis alive.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,589 Posts
... What does the future of Chrysler have under this leadership?...
The same as every other car out there. Like Glade air fresheners
"Plug it in, plug it in."

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,987 Posts
Peugeot, Citroën and Opel French automaker Groupe PSA down on Internal Combustion Engines. What does the future of Chrysler have under this leadership?:(
They'll go along. With CA Gov. Nuisance "banning" ICE vehicles in CA by 2030 or 2035 -- governors of some othr states either doing the same or indicating they'll soon do the same -- already a number of US car makers are onboard with this.

They get carbon credits. Telse posted a profit of $331M this recent quarter that's 5 quarters in a row with a profit and that along with some other things gets Tesla added to the S&P 500 Index. But Tesla made $397M in carbon credits so it still makes more money from carbon credits -- government handouts -- than selling EVs.

Car makers never learn when you lay down down dogs you get fleas.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Meh, as long as you can buy race gas at the drag strip, I can get the new Electric Hummer and a trailer and trailer my Challenger 1/4 mile at a time and a bonus, if only race gas is available I can get an awesome tune for it! But I think they will still have gas stations well beyond 2035 and if not, I am sure you will be able to order Torco still if you want to go joy riding.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I hate globalists. Give me fuel, give me fire.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Fluck the EU and their green shit. Bad enough here in California. I’m leaving the gas cap off overnight on the Coronet. Germans, Italians, now the French. Jesus Chrysler.

·
Registered
528 Posts
They'll go along. With CA Gov. Nuisance "banning" ICE vehicles in CA by 2030 or 2035 -- governors of some othr states either doing the same or indicating they'll soon do the same -- already a number of US car makers are onboard with this.

They get carbon credits. Telse posted a profit of $331M this recent quarter that's 5 quarters in a row with a profit and that along with some other things gets Tesla added to the S&P 500 Index. But Tesla made $397M in carbon credits so it still makes more money from carbon credits -- government handouts -- than selling EVs.

Car makers never learn when you lay down down dogs you get fleas.
Carbon credits are actually other automakers buying Tesla credits, which cover down on government regulations on their low mileage ICEs

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
By 2030, internal combustion engine usage will be restricted to commercial transportation, police, military and oligarchs.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Sweet Orange... Not so fast. There is way too much tax revenue tied to gasoline, automotive and other industries. Green headlines make the news, but "listen to the money talk" and the adults will prevail.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sweet Orange... Not so fast. There is way too much tax revenue tied to gasoline, automotive and other industries. Green headlines make the news, but "listen to the money talk" and the adults will prevail.

My mom was right! Money doesn't grow on trees... It comes off of a printing press. :oops:

btw... If you haven't heard it, the new AC/DC release sounds great! They've managed to recaptured the "Back In Black" studio sound. Bringing back Phil Rudd was a wise move.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Very nice! Your posting cost me 1.29 on ITunes as I down loaded the song. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent point! Gasoline taxes pay for our roads. Are all electric cars going off-road?

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Excellent point! Gasoline taxes pay for our roads. Are all electric cars going off-road?
Here in Ohio plate are $100.00 for hybrids and $200.00 for complete electric. I understand why a lot of younger people just use car sharing apps instead of owning a car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts