Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dodge has shown a futuristic design of the Challenger than has been rejected by FCA. The next generation Challenger, however, is rumored to be before the 2023 model year.

Ralph Gilles said he never shows future product on social media ahead of time but he made an exception. The image was posted as inside joke because the designer's sketch included a yellow chin spoiler guard. Reportabley, it gave everyone a big laugh.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I saw that the other day. Gave me a laugh as well. Not completely sure I like the design, but I love that they threw in some kind of hood pins/lanyards!

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Ralph personally made fun of those owners who leave the spoiler guards on their car at Carlisle last summer. The guard does much damage itself after a while.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,617 Posts
Well at least it has hood pins and lanyards and the color ain't too bad. Not too sure about the rest of it though.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
278 Posts
No likey

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
It resembles more of a stylists last-ditch effort refresh of a 4th Gen Camaro and it was killed off...

often early concept sketches would have these very "broad strokes" flow lines to get the general idea going and then more detailed drawings before making clay models

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The biggest draw to the car is it’s retro looks, take it away and what’s left?
They can do as they wish, I have mine and I’m perfectly happy.
Same here. My 2009 SRT replaced my 1971 'Cuda and I have been very happy with it.

By the 2023 model year, the Challenger model will have been out for an incredible 14 years! The current model has exceeded Dodge's wildest dreams for longevity and profitability. (The 1st generation model only lasted 5 years- from 1970-1974). So far over 500,000 Challengers have been built. It's now time for a new and lighter version.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
45 Posts
I believe the best route for a new Challenger design would be to simply take the current design and freshen it up a bit, kinda how Porsche does with the 911...If they go too far with the design I think it will kill its appeal.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Just gonna have to wait and see if it’s basically the same, or an abomination? after all dodge has learned from us in the past 12yrs I doubt they’ll cut their own throats going completely radical

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Just gonna have to wait and see if it’s basically the same, or an abomination? after all dodge has learned from us in the past 12yrs I doubt they’ll cut their own throats going completely radical
Did you forget the second generation Challenger it was just as exciting as the Mustang II.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did you forget the second generation Challenger it was just as exciting as the Mustang II.
That was during the 70's malaise though, the circumstances today aren't nearly the same. Besides, Dodge knows that the awesome retro styling and comfort (aside from its more reliable powertrains) is the only thing keeping the Challenger relevant in the marketplace, compared to the lighter and cheaper, and in many cases faster, Mustang and Camaro.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I actually don't mind the design language. Keep in mind that a production car never looks as extreme as the concept sketches. I know it was rejected, but If some elements of this (such as the wider body to to cockpit lines, and the low, wide nose with the sleek windshield) make it to the production car car, that would be pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts