Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the FW1 waterless wash and wax? They were saleing this stuff at the shoppet today and I thought that would be great for the Challengerfest trip. I got some but I'll trow it out instead of useing it if it's going to mess up my finish. It's suppose to work on the windows like ranix and make the brake dust not stick to the wheels too.
Thanks for any inputs.
Rick

·
Registered
864 Posts
I use to use one of those wash and wax things on my chevelle, cant remember what brand for my life but it was actually really good. All the dirt ended up on my cloth and it left the car shining so bright I had to wear sunglasses to look at it. Some of them are pretty darn good though.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't plan on useing it to replace my Maguires Gold with it but I thought with 60 cars useing 1 hose at the hotel things would be pretty congested and if this works I can use it.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I use Optimum No Rinse from Detailed Image. You use a couple of gal of water in a bucket and their Blue grout sponge then dry with a microfiber towel.
I have been using it on the Jeep for a year in between real washes and so far see no harm.
I would not use it for heavy dirt, but in the winter here keeping a vehicle clean at the car wash would break the bank and outside washing at home is no fun.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I use Adams Waterless Wash and love it. If you car just has just light dirt, it's great, but I wouldn't use it for anything more. You can use it on your windows too.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I use SmartWax waterless wash excellent product

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....in your scenario (personally) I would go with waumo's suggestion to use a rinseless product like ONR. I would bring a 5 gallon bucket, several ounces of ONR (so you can make several buckets of solution if needed during your trip), your wash medium, plenty of good quality towels and your other detailing supplies.

The following thread from the Autopia.org forums can help provide you more details if you're interested:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/113318-onr-definitive-thread.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts