Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is inputting the order at 9am est time. Went through all the options, 5k deposit, msrp.

I'll post a update if the order gets successfully entered. Although he had 3-4 people on the "list" no one ponied up the cash as of yet, so I am number one in line.

I can tell it's still touch and go. I don't think the dealers know exactly what's going to happen.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My dealer is inputting the order at 9am est time. Went through all the options, 5k deposit, msrp.

I'll post a update if the order gets successfully entered. Although he had 3-4 people on the "list" no one ponied up the cash as of yet, so I am number one in line.

I can tell it's still touch and go. I don't think the dealers know exactly what's going to happen.
ARE YOU SURE ORDERS OPENED TODAY?
I last heard Chrysler group delayed and it is TBC of now.

Thanks
LCL

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Yep, my guy just called and Hellcat not available in order system yet. His Chrysler rep is supposed to text him as soon as the order banks are open and then let me know when my order is in. Hopefully not too long of a delay, and it's just back to the 'original' delayed date of August 8th (after being delayed in July).

It's funny though, all this anticipation to get the order in, just to have to wait and wait for it to hit 'D' status, and wait some more for it to finally show up. Argh, the waiting is killing me. :D

Reactions: braztang

·
Registered
35 Posts
i think i'm in the same boat. 2 emails to my dealer and no updates. its been quite a journey as everyone wants to make moves and get this done, yet no one knows finite details.

all in all - I'll be an early delivery, though i can't really take possession until Oct 1 or after. being that this should be 6-8 weeks, we should be good.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I'm sure the delay is because they are arguing over the additional options they want to give us, like some additional HI colors...top banana, hemi orange , more interior choices, more wheels. :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I give big-time Kudos to Dodge regarding the development of the Hellcat.

On the other hand, the launch of the "ordering process" is absolutely FUBAR. Communication and organizational skills are apparently not required from HQ to the dealerships.

Just incredible.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I give big-time Kudos to Dodge regarding the development of the Hellcat.

On the other hand, the launch of the "ordering process" is absolutely FUBAR. Communication and organizational skills are apparently not required from HQ to the dealerships.

Just incredible.
How do you arrive at that when all the "order" speak is mass Internet SPECULATION. I have never seen Dodge commit officially to an open order date, allocation and all the other stuff everyone is keen to understand (myself included.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
How do you arrive at that when all the "order" speak is mass Internet SPECULATION. I have never seen Dodge commit officially to an open order date, allocation and all the other stuff everyone is keen to understand (myself included.)

How do I arrive at that? It's easy. I had my name in with two dealerships. I was contacted 2 days ago by dealer number 1 in Irvine, CA. He told me they were starting pricing at $70K - and to come on down and place my order (two days ago). I told him thanks but no thanks.

Yesterday, the second dealer (where my name was first on the list) called me and said ordering was open but a customer had "just walked in off the street" and offered $20K over MSRP. He explained that since my name was first on the list, this was a courtesy call to give me a chance to match or beat the $20K over MSRP. He said I could come to the dealership asap and "place my order".

Now today...we are hearing from some dealers that the order banks are open...and from some that they are not.

That is what I call disorganized and FUBAR.

Seriously, how tough is it to coordinate the launch of an order date? I spent 40 years of my career working in sales as a rep, region manager and finally a VP of sales. I have orchestrated more than my share of product launches. It is not rocket science.

This is not a criticism of the car or the brand. It is a critique of the ordering process, lack of consistent communication and organizational skills.

·
Registered
320 Posts
How do I arrive at that? It's easy. I had my name in with two dealerships. I was contacted 2 days ago by dealer number 1 in Irvine, CA. He told me they were starting pricing at $70K - and to come on down and place my order (two days ago). I told him thanks but no thanks.

Yesterday, the second dealer (where my name was first on the list) called me and said ordering was open but a customer had "just walked in off the street" and offered $20K over MSRP. He explained that since my name was first on the list, this was a courtesy call to give me a chance to match or beat the $20K over MSRP. He said I could come to the dealership asap and "place my order".

Now today...we are hearing from some dealers that the order banks are open...and from some that they are not.

That is what I call disorganized and FUBAR.

Seriously, how tough is it to coordinate the launch of an order date? I spent 40 years of my career working in sales as a rep, region manager and finally a VP of sales. I have orchestrated more than my share of product launches. It is not rocket science.

This is not a criticism of the car or the brand. It is a critique of the ordering process, lack of consistent communication and organizational skills.
That seems more of a dealer issue not Dodge. I am not experiencing any of that; none of it. I see a lot of what looks like dealers doing everything they can to accommodate inquiry from buyers, so I don't correlate that to Dodge official release notes on what it is we seek to know (I do get your frustration.) Dealers may be setting expectations based on their speculation (I don't agree with that it sets up what is happening to you.) You can complete an "new car order form"

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
My dealer told me this morning that the order banks are not open and that the order date had been postponed. Dealers may still be accepting orders and deposits but there not inputting them to dodge yet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I still am getting the 16th from my dealer and I have said in other posts that is what I read on the e-mail sent to him by Dodge. Everyone is getting me nuts with dates prior to that - I think I need to stop watching the "board" until I know it's ordered and being built.

Good luck to everyone but sometimes too much information is worse than none.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I still am getting the 16th from my dealer and I have said in other posts that is what I read on the e-mail sent to him by Dodge. Everyone is getting me nuts with dates prior to that - I think I need to stop watching the "board" until I know it's ordered and being built.

Good luck to everyone but sometimes too much information is worse than none.
I hear ya; consider the source right? Dodge will answer this then we'll know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just received this text from my dealer:
"the HellCat allocation tomorrow is not for customer orders, or us, we won't be able to order until later this month or beginning of September. There sure is a lot or rumors surrounding the HellCat and when they're going to be available. I'll keep you posted"

Cheers!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just received this text from my dealer:
"the HellCat allocation tomorrow is not for customer orders, or us, we won't be able to order until later this month or beginning of September. There sure is a lot or rumors surrounding the HellCat and when they're going to be available. I'll keep you posted"

Cheers!
Yeah, I just talked to my sales manager a few days ago. He is one of the most straight forward guys you can find and he said that it would be 30-45 days from what he was told. I hope that is not the case. If that is true, I will probably wait until early next year. Otherwise it is going to show up at the start of winter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts