Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am NOT a rep of G5 (but boy would I not mind working for them); however, I had a good talk with Chris this morning about G5 and their plans. Suffice it to say G5 is still around and gearing up for some great things. I am sworn to secrecy on what it is, but I can assure y'all it will be well worth it.

As for the current T/A hoods; they are getting ready to set up another batch for sale. I was told that it would be starting around 06/09/11. They may or may not be ready to ship on that exact date-but they will be ready right around then.

So, for those of us that think the G5 T/A hood is by far the best around be a little patient as they will be available very soon.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
They've been saying good things for a while, but have mostly left us in the dark about specifics. Any word on their airbox and how it's going to look, installed? Or, why their site no longer has a web store? They are doing themselves a disservice as right now, I for one, do not feel all that comfortable doing business with a business that has a problem with communications and keeping old and potential new customers informed. :werd:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've been saying good things for a while, but have mostly left us in the dark about specifics. Any word on their airbox and how it's going to look, installed? Or, why their site no longer has a web store? They are doing themselves a disservice as right now, I for one, do not feel all that comfortable doing business with a business that has a problem with communications and keeping old and potential new customers informed. :werd:
I didn't discuss too much about the airbox as I was inquiring about other things. However, we did discuss what was going on with the store. They really didn't come into the market to take over what Cervinis does. No disrespect to Cervinis, but IMHO their fit and finish isn't the best.

G5 came into the Challenger market by doing a hood for SEMA. They specialized in other cars. After SEMA they had a huge surge of requests for the G5 T/A hood. They weren't planning on making them and actually take a loss in doing so (you can tell by their prices). Chris has been focusing on other aspects of the business that don't totally align with the Challenger.

What does that mean for future products? Well, they are working on other specialty things not in the Challenger realm but are re-tooling the T/A hoods and will be putting them out soon (according to Chris).

What would you rather have; a webstore that you go into buy a hood, pay for it and get excuses for 6 months why there was no hood (anyone remember AEFIS intakes) or no webstore? I haven't had a problem speaking with him so I can't discuss that issue.

Really, those with G5 hoods in the past have a rare item. As few as they put out and the limited production they will have in the future will continue to make them sought after. I for one would rather wait for the perfect hood (give or take a bit...lol) than get something that's mass produced and doesn't fit well (this isn't saying all vendors are like that...butttt...there are a few).

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
If I were to buy the G5 hood for appearance alone, I would not hesitate in buying one, as it does have the best appearance and is more in keeping with the 70's T/A hood design. But, they have promised an airbox for over a year and have not shown one. I understand Challengers may not be where the business bread and butter is, but if they advertise it, it should be available.
Whether they have a web store or not, I would be pissed if it took 6 months to get me a product, unless it was stated it would take that long at time of purchase. A web store only makes the transaction easier, from a buyer's perspective. I get leery when 1 month it's there and then for no apparent reason it's gone. IMHO.
We can agree the G5 hood is the best looking T/A hood out there.

I have not heard or observed any quality problems with the Cervini's. I did get a close up at last years MOPAR show here, of a Cervini's shaker hood and it looked great. I observed no problems with it. The owner also advised there were no problems with it as far as fit, finish, or install. I think it is a good option, should G5 not come through with an airbox.

It looks like I'll be going with a Cervini's T/A hood, with RIMoore's modified underhood airbox to accomdate a Maggie, unless G5 comes through with their own airbox, that I can determine fits w/a Maggie.
Wish u the best of luck with your purchase, and post pics when installed, please. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the shop that my car is being repaired at (and already has my money because they started on some work) won't touch the G5 hood because it does require some blocking. They don't want to mess with anything custom, which pisses me off to no end. On that note, the hood that I was going to pull the trigger on yesterday...I can't. So, it's open for sale if anyone wants it. It's a great piece and if I wasn't having my car fixed by this shop I would have purchased it. Again, I'm pissed. G5 said they are coming out with an airbox in August, though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just me or does outer front lip raise up ?? like that it still uses windshield nozzles..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Crap when I saw the post I thought they were making another Short Circuit movie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts