Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gas ...as of now here in Minnesota is now $3.50 per gallon.And THATS the Cheap stuff!!! My car is still in storage at this price.I can imagine in another month what it will be then.:( Gonna cost a small fortune to drive the beast anywhere.Just sad to see this state rake us over the coals every chance they get. And I know other states are getting hammered as well.My everyday life in general bites,and this really tops it off!Hows the gas prices for you guys?Reguardless,Im driving her as much as I can.Just have to bend over at the pump.Get used to it guys...its only gonna get worse from here on.:(

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Gas just jumped up $0.25 literally overnight here.
Same here in SC. All because the 'oil rich' countries are having riots etc. The slightest shortage of crude means less to go around so the high bidder gets it. And, I guess it wouldn't hurt if the politicians would let us drill here (shale oil, offshore any coast of any state that approves it, Alaska, etc)
Yes, I'm fully aware of the BP spill which was awful. Could have happened to another company too. We just don't need to drill that deep where we can't fix something if it goes wrong.
And, when is the last time we built a refinery? Last time I checked, we can't run our cars on crude but need refined gasoline. The debate is endless so I wish the big wheels in Washington would let States govern themselves for the most part. IMHO......

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
$3.78 in North Chicago Suburbs, Lake County IL, for Premium. I will pay it. Did not buy the Challenger for the gas mileage. Traded a 2002 Tahoe for the Challenger which gets better mpg. The way I look at I am ahead and get to drive the Challenger.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Cheaper here but climbing rapidily. Saw a $0.19 overnight increase. 91 Octane was $3.22 at one station I passed. Its a speculation driven market, much like everything else now days.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Gas companies have gotten way too big with too much money and power. Like AT&T used to be.

They will bleed us dry until we can't bleed anymore.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Challenger actually gets better mileage than my 4 door wrangler so gas prices are really a moot point for me. It'll all settle down soon...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Gas ...as of now here in Minnesota is now $3.50 per gallon.And THATS the Cheap stuff!!! My car is still in storage at this price.I can imagine in another month what it will be then.:( Gonna cost a small fortune to drive the beast anywhere.Just sad to see this state rake us over the coals every chance they get. And I know other states are getting hammered as well.My everyday life in general bites,and this really tops it off!Hows the gas prices for you guys?Reguardless,Im driving her as much as I can.Just have to bend over at the pump.Get used to it guys...its only gonna get worse from here on.:(
Wow I didn't know you drive your car in the winter! It was $85 to fill my Ram today.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
For the time being, i'll probably put the stock tune back in just so i can use regular again. Premium is just a bit pricey to enjoy the extra fun. I get better mileage with the challenger than I got with my previous cobra, and as good mileage as i got with the turbo six car (in the city) before that, so i'll not give it up yet. I drove a 440 charger during the first gas shortage in the 70s, didn't care about the cost of gas then (49 cents a gallon for 100 octane premium) if it goes up to 5.00 a gallon i'll just drive it less, won't give up entirely.

Funny how if gas hit 3.00 a gallon during republican rule, everyone had a hissy fit, but with the "other" side in charge, its been over that now for six months and noone says anything, and they expect it to go higher...they want it high so we'll go electric.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'll just split the mileage between my 2 challengers...lol a 6.1 hemi and a 440 4 bbl. Who cares what the cost of gas is....I'm going for smileage!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Paid 3.39 a gal for 93 oct 2 days ago. Challenger gets better mileage than the 08 Silverado I sold..... Do yourself a favor...if you need or want better gas mileage along with your performance, switch to full synthetic motor oil and amsoil full synthetic gear lube in the back end. My mileage/smileage went up.... : )

·
Registered
31 Posts
This price hike is an over reaction to the Libyan crisis. Pres Obama already stated its a danger to national security and the world economy. Yes well see 4/gal maybe by the end of the year. But the market cant handle 100+/barrel crude for this recovery..

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sure gas prices suck, but we all knew or should have known going in that prices were high and never going back down. I drove economy minded vehicles for the past 20 or so years but when they announced the Challenger I knew the price of gas was not going to matter when I got mine. I'm driving it and not going to stop until the oil runs out. Doesn't do any good complaining about it and with what these cars cost to begin with, not thinking about the cost to drive one is a serious oversight.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts