Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell why I’ve got this gap here between my bumper and the hood??
I know for sure it’s not supposed to be this big, it’s always a straight line the challengers I’ve seen online. I can tell you one thing that could be affecting it is that the front grille is not OEM because when I got the new OEM bumper I replaced everything from my old bumper to the new one apart from the grille as it was not in a good condition so I got an aftermarket one as they were cheaper than OEM, could that be the reason why it’s a curve rather than a straight line?

and yeah the weather strip is missing, I have my weather strip with me so I’ll be installing that once I sort out this issue. I’ve even tried aligning the hood down and no difference because it’s the maximum point it can come down towards the bumper.

·
Registered
2011 Toxic Orange RT
13 Posts
I had this archived; hope it helps....

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,628 Posts
Put your knee under the bottom middle of the fascia and push up. Does the gap close? Chances are you can make it stay that way. Dies it touch at the ends and still gap in the middle? Not gonna fix it, but you mught improve it

A Guy

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
It's put together wrong on the top. I can see it in the picture. The bumper is on the wrong side of the grill surround (which also serves as the upper bumper support).

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
As you move forward from the hood it should be ... hood edge > rubber seal > painted bumper.

If at any point at goes ... hood edge > black plastic lip > painted bumper, it's wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts