Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with installing a 4 point garage lift to store extra car? Cost, what brand, garage requirements etc?
Thanks in advance
Josh

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,576 Posts
What is the height of your garage ceiling? I have a 12 foot high ceiling and the first thing I need to do is to install (modify existing rail system) a lift garage door. I have looked at a single lift but it takes up a lot of usable side space (wife might hit a pillar as well) which is why I am looking at a dual lift like this. Although the cost is more than double of what a single lift goes for. My neighbor across the street installed a single car lift and he spent about $4k as he had it professionally installed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My friend put a Backyard Buddy Home | Backyard Buddy - Best In Class Auto Lifts in his garage. They are made in Warren, OH. Definitely cost more than the Chinese made versions, but it's a very nice lift. It's free standing and he got the caster kit so that it can be rolled around. He has 10 foot ceilings, so it won't go all the way up with a car on it. 12 foot would be better. There's a car on it with another one parked underneath.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ceilings are 12 foot with finished dry wall, no exposed rafters or anything. My neighbor has a single 4 point lift for his corvettes, I need to talk to him as well. Wife has a Traverse so have not measured if will effect her space but this is something I had not thought of
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts