Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 R/T Classic. Love the Header Orange and matte black stripes and black wheels with the polished spoke sections. Nice to see the two colors, orange and black. Lets talk about the chrome gas cap. Being chrome it does go with the thin polished aluminum sections of each wheel spoke but to me it also stands out by itself. Would it, the side view of the car, look better with the gas cap painted matte black, or leave it chrome?

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/*****%20Cars/52514picb_zpsbc24d70f.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/*****%20Cars/71414atEds_zpsea6a9353.jpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think the chrome works well with your car. I thought about going with black on my toxic orange R/T and it just didn't quite do it for me when I tried to envision it. I personally like the look of chrome on orange.

·
Registered
87 Posts
With that paint scheme? definitely black.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Chrome is it

The chrome looks great with your color scheme. The black stripes go with the black part of the wheels and the chrome fuel door draws in the chrome wheels and exhaust tips. Plus the center of the fuel door is black.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The chrome looks great with your color scheme. The black stripes go with the black part of the wheels and the chrome fuel door draws in the chrome wheels and exhaust tips. Plus the center of the fuel door is black.
Brian, my thoughts EXACTLY.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Mine (blacktop) came with a black cap, and I like it.....I've gone to some lengths to delete all chrome from mine, including lug nuts. Only chrome left on the car is the 'DODGE' on the reverse light, and the grill surround....

On your car, I think the black cap would go well with your stripes and wheels.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Chrome. The R/T Classic with the side stripes calls for the chrome, especially with that color.

OTOH, a R/T Blacktop Edition in, say silver - that calls for black.

My Jazz Blue R/T, with the chrome clad wheels needs a chrome filler cap, too, because black would just disappear.

Reactions: Turbozcs2003

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Its really a matter of personal taste. Both really do look good. If it was me I would lean toward black..... with a Drake fuel door like I did with my 1st Challenger here............

I kept that theme for awhile with my GWE when I had the original black Rally stripes, here......

When I changed to white stripes chrome wheels and Raised white letters I switched to this. Its a satin Drake fuel door with the center piece painted GWE...........

The Chrome isn't bad on your car but both Hemi Orange and Header orange look good with black accents.

That's my 2 cents worth............ :5:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The chrome brings the car together with the wheels and i would leave it as is. Here how the black call look s with header orange
The black gas cap looks great on your header orange Challenger. It goes with the black hood/fender stripes and the black wheels. I'm visualizing black R/T stripes along the sides of your car and that would be too much black. I agree after these comments and pic's of others cars that the gas cap will remain chrome on mine.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
Black that cap sticks out like a sore thumb,your eyes go right to it,it's the only shiny chrome on the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I were you I would go but a $5 can of black plastidip and just spray it for yourself so you can see it in person. I did that and I love it and it took about an hour total between the take out, paint, and install. Before I sprayed it I taped off the black section in the middle so it could still say FUEL on it and it makes it look much nicer

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
chrome!!!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
When we got our 2014 Torred, I was amazed at how much black is on the car, the front and rear fascia, rocker panels, front spoiler. You couldn't really see it as well on our 2011 Blackberry Pearl, it was so dark. So I got black lug nuts, black center caps and of course, black fuel door. We just added the black finish line stripe last week. I think the black fuel door would look great on your car!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
leadwiper, your 14 TorRed R/T looks very balanced with the black gas cap, stripe, chin spoiler and body rocker panels. Look for dealers take off's for a set of 14 R/T Challenger Blacktop wheels, those wheels would give your car just two colors - black and red. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts