Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Well, the A/C only working in defrost mode was solved! I was pushing the rear defog instead of the A/C button. Really have to go to the eye doctor soon...

On to the next problem - going to work this morning I notice the gascap warning in the odometer space. Get to work, tighten the cap, still on. I searched this and other forums and there are a host of possible issues including waiting a few key cycles for it to turn off. By the way, the cap was tight.

I then pulled out my predator to read and then clear the code and there was no code which leads me to believe that it isn't an EVAP system or other leak issue though that may be a false assumption. Inspected the cap and filler neck and all seemed to be OK but I will try the oil on the gasket thing when I get home.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
From my 2018 Hellcat's owner manual (but it might apply to your car too):

• If the vehicle diagnostic system determines that the fuel filler cap is loose, improperly installed, or damaged, a ”gASCAP” message will display in the odometer or a “Check Gascap” message will display in the instrument cluster. If this occurs, tighten the fuel filler cap properly and press the Trip Odometer button to turn off the mes- sage. If the problem continues, the message will appear the next time the vehicle is started. A loose, improperly installed, or damaged fuel filler cap may also turn on the MIL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts