Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to make a new thread and maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but I thought that the price for the Hellcat included the Gas Guzzler Tax and yet when you go to the Dodge web site and go through the process of designing a car it shows up as an added option? Did I miss some switcheroo? It's clearly not listed as part of the base price. This was touted so strongly when it was announced I was shocked to see it added after the fact.
Am I just missing something here? or did I misunderstand something?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't think you're mistaken. It was clearly explained that "$59,900 ... and that INCLUDES 'gas guzzler tax' ...". Maybe it's your local dealer's way of adding a mark-up? I would imagine that the vast majority of those seriously interested in the Hellcat will know better, but some won't and those that don't will "certainly understand a GGT on such a monster". Call 'em out on it and see what they say?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
MSRP before destination charge is 59,995 which includes gas guzzler tax. The builder on dodge.com has the wrong GG tax for the manual (it has been updated).

Base MSRP is 58,295 and GG tax is 1700, which comes to the 59,995 advertised MSRP.

Normally manufacturers do not advertise GG tax being included in MSRP but Dodge wanted to get it out there as a 'sub 60k' car WITH the tax.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
By not including it the car appears less costly. It doesn't matter when it gets added, what matters is the bottom line when it comes time to pay for the car. Check the numbers and make sure you only pay once.

·
Registered
940 Posts
It will be listed on the window sticker, like said above just don't let them hit you for it again. At least it was on my 09 SRT8!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
On Dodge.com's build-your-own, the gas guzzler tax is included in the base price at $59,995, but then shown as an option in the summary. Doing the math confirms Dodge is only charging for the GGT tax once, so nothing to worry about. The actual cost is still correct and no double-billing on the GGT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts