Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Gas Mileage on Highway trip

815 36
I don't have a picture, but I just made a 200 mile trip from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando and got 30.8 mpg. Pretty good, huh?

Cruise control was on, rarely had to slow down or speed up. (It's a 2021 SXT)
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts

· Registered
2015 RT Widebody Shaker
903 Posts
I don't have a picture, but I just made a 200 mile trip from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando and got 30.8 mpg. Pretty good, huh?

We recorded 31 mpg from Flagstaff to Abq using cruise on my R/T and letting the MDS do its job. Perfect car!

· Registered
384 Posts
I get like 12 mpg....... Does that count lol

· Registered
2,340 Posts

Not really, that's rather normal on the hwy and should be expected for the 3.6L V6.

(Sorry, just wanted to type a sarcastic reply for fun..)

· Premium Member
6,000 Posts
23.5 mpg during my 3500 mile drive from Portland, OR to Knoxville, TN in mid 2021. 392 with A8. NUMEROUS spirited on ramp jaunts (see below), WOT highway passes, hit 125 once. Not bad!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

· Premium Member
9,165 Posts
That's excellent. Even my Toyota Sienna van could barely get to 24-25 mpg with it's 6 cylinder.

Reactions: SubzeroAWD

· Premium Member
11,681 Posts
I just took my car for a ride two weeks ago and filled up the half tank that I used and based on the fuelly app it shows that it took me 14+ months to burn through all that gas. I don’t know why you’re all using gas so quickly 😏🤣

· Super Moderator
18,920 Posts
Some of you guys are getting great mileage. My 2009 SRT only gets 19 mpg. (with premium gas) on the highway.

Here are the dyno-tested mileage estimates, from the Dept. of Energy, for 4 of Dodge's engines. Are you getting this?

2009 6.1(auto)
Combined- 16 mpg.
City/Highway- 14-22 mpg.

2022 3.6 (auto)
Combined- 23 mpg.
City/Highway- 19-30 mpg.

2022 5.7 (auto)
Combined- 19 mpg.
City/Highway- 16-25 mpg.

2022 6.4 (auto)
Combined- 18 mpg.
City/Highway- 15-24 mpg.

Font Gesture Happy Automotive decal Logo

· Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
541 Posts
My average mileage after our trip last summer from our home in Ontario to Saskatchewan and back. This included interstate, state roads, stop and go city driving.
Reflex camera Digital camera Camera lens Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera Camera

Nothing beats these cars for a road trip IMO.

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts
My average mileage after our trip last summer from our home in Ontario to Saskatchewan and back. This included interstate, state roads, stop and go city driving.
View attachment 1073663
Nothing beats these cars for a road trip IMO.
Post a pic when your gas tank is on E not F :rolleyes:

· Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
541 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts