Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to see if anyone is noticing that gas mileage drops off severely when the car is cold? My R/T loses on average of 1 mpg over a 50 mile highway run when outside temps are less than 40, engine stone cold and it takes about 20 minutes of driving for the engine temp to come up to 195 degrees. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on why? And better yet, what can I do????:sick:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Something is wrong if it takes 20 minutes to hit 195. I'm no mechanic, but thermostat may be stuck open. I'm in a much colder area and I'm hitting 215 with a stock thermostat in less than ten minutes. Good luck!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Never timed it but mine seems to warm up quick, I am guessing about the 10 minute mark as well. Might want to have the dealer take a look at it... Good Luck CGrl!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanting to see if anyone is noticing that gas mileage drops off severely when the car is cold? My R/T loses on average of 1 mpg over a 50 mile highway run when outside temps are less than 40, engine stone cold and it takes about 20 minutes of driving for the engine temp to come up to 195 degrees. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on

Mine does the same thing. Takes forever top get to 195 degrees. Also, on my 2016 Scat Pack I would average about 18.5 -20 MPG for the driving I do, my new 2019 widebody Scat Pack can't get above 17 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,789 Posts
No, some people have issues with quoting for some reason. I fix several every day, usually their reply is within the quotes, or like this one, the post just gets away from them and they slink away :(

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT 8
430 Posts
Winter gas drops my rides -5 MPG here in Idaho. Come on spring !!!

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Winter gas drops my rides -5 MPG here in Idaho. Come on spring !!!
My pain isn't as bad as your's, but it's only because I own an SXT. :LOL:

I don't know what this aerated winter fuel is about, but I see a 2 MPG dip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts