Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just filled the beast up on the way to work this morning...$72.55 for 17.3 gallons. I'm glad I only drive 4 miles to work! I fill her up about once every 10-14 days so I'm not really bitchin', just saying...

BTW: I average 16.5 miles/gallon and that is better than my last 4 banger Subaru!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I also average 16.5 MPG on my 392 M6 driving 10 miles to work: 2 MPG better than my 2-dr Rubicon...!

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I contemplated trading in my 2009 VW Jetta TDI Diesel w/6 Speed manual on the Challenger. Since the Jetta gets 43-46 highway and 39-41 around town it was a no brainer. Only drive the Challenger on fun weekend trips and save the economical car for day to day use.

The Jetta's been a great car, and with the manual and diesel torque its fun to drive.

:guiness::guiness:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm keeping right around 20 MPG. My S60 was only 24 or so. My Sequoia is 15 on a good day. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
With these gas prices now high again I am glad I got the Challenger. I'm averaging 25mpg from my R/T 6 speed. It's hard to hit that premium button but I get about 5mpg better with the 91 octane plus it runs so much better than the 87 junk.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Hold on a second... AVERAGING 20 to 25 mpg in an R/T?

Sorry, but that's hard to believe unless you're doing like 95% of your driving at highway speeds.

Reactions: jford21

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
between 20 and 25 mpg is pretty good if it's just highway driving. When mine was a dd that's about what I was getting.

Dick

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
a couple of years ago, I made a trip to CA - gas (premium) ranged from $4.48 - 4.63 / gallon depending on the city.
SF was the most expensive (no surprise) - used to live in the city...so I expected it to be the highest prices.

I discovered the pump shuts off @ $80 with the credit card transaction. Had to do a 2nd pass to top off the last bit.

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
Everyone should be livid, we are getting shafted on gas.
Every time the prices go down they go right back with excuses of refinery maintenance etc.
And the sheeple keep trudging to the cliff.....

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah. I thought we won the war.... Shouldn't Kuwait give us free gas for life?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hold on a second... AVERAGING 20 to 25 mpg in an R/T?

Sorry, but that's hard to believe unless you're doing like 95% of your driving at highway speeds.
I average right around 19.5 miles of some highway but a TON of sitting in traffic. Not too shabby! Which is good as I have a 50 mile commute EACH WAY. 300 miles every 3 days right on the money. Fill up take just over 15 gals and 60 bucks at todays gas prices.

One of the reasons its so good is that on my way to work its mostly downhill and I just have the clutch in half the time coasting.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
My normal place to fill up (unbranded 93 octane ethanol free from ExxonMobil refinery) was out so I had to go to only other place and just paid $3.95 for 90 octane ethanol free. Going back to 93 soon as truck comes in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
I averaged 22.3 MPG on a 99% highway trip to Dallas (about 300 mile round trip) recently with my Challenger SRT8 M6. That is what I calculated, the computer stated it got 22.6 MPG. So it is fairly close. My wife also has a 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition that gets awesome milage. As much as I hate to leave my Challenger at home, sometimes it is just wiser to drive the Jetta, especially if we have to park someplace I know will be super busy.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Yeah. I thought we won the war.... Shouldn't Kuwait give us free gas for life?
After Ecuador defaulted on its debt in 2009, China took their debt over on condition that Ecuador ships 91% of its oil production at pre-set low prices.

I am only being facetious, but sounds like we should have negotiated something similar before going to Kuwait's help...

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I am only being facetious, but sounds like we should have negotiated something similar before going to Kuwait's help...
Why would we want to do something sensible like that? :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Every time the prices go down they go right back with excuses of refinery maintenance etc.
Get used to it. I doubt we will ever see recession 2008 prices again, if so it won't be for very long. As the rest of the world continues to put more of a demand for crude oil and the easy cheap oil has all been gotten it is only going to get more and more expensive. The day is coming the a barrel of oil will no longer be priced in US dollars... You think it is expensive now, just wait. I say, enjoy $3.50 to $4.50 per gallon while we have it now. Remember when everyone complained when it went up to $3.00 a gallon?

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
So we should just bend over and give the oil companies some vaseline and take it with a smile?
I rather give them the finger to tell them to f off.
Vote all the incumbent scumbags out every election. After a couple of cycles they'd realize it's no longer a job for life with our money paying for them. It would be once and done and unless they really want to make a positive change to benefit us don't bother running. Look where voting for the lying dirt bags has gotten us so far. They are ALL the same doesn't matter which party they are from. They are in it for the money nothing more. The best days here are behind us unfortunately.

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
So we should just bend over and give the oil companies some vaseline and take it with a smile?
Oil companies don't use Vaseline...you just gotta bite your lip and take it.

PS - I don't know how anyone is getting 20+ miles per gallon in these cars. I get 14-15 at best, but I drive mine like a race car from stop light to stop light (within the bounds of traffic laws and speed limits of course). Couldn't imagine driving it any other way.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I hear ya, but my neighbor from Ireland says we have it made. He loves my Challenger and wishes he could afford to have one where he lives in Ireland. Gas is crazy high over there and the tax on a V8 is even worse. So we can be upset, but we must also take it in stride. It is good to be an American!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.