Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Lol sorry for the confusion. I’ve been riding MC’s since I was a kid and riders have always called them gators. As you can imagine, they’re especially dangerous on a MC.
haven’t had a chance to do a closer inspection yet and see if the fog light is still in there. It might just be dangling.
Regional thing? Never heard them called gators before and I've been riding for 20+ years.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
90 Posts
I also thought it was a real alligator for awhile...lol. So it looks like a scrape to the lower splitter, a good gouge under the foglight edge, and paint scrapes to the right of the foglight. I would get an estimate, but also (it hurts) see if you can live with the splitter damage and that gouge and have a good paint shop fix the rest. You could also try buffing out the scratches, but if you change your mind with the estimator and want the damage to look as it was done then you have to think it out. For this kind of damage, an estimator might suggest a whole new splitter and fascia. Good luck and sorry that this happened!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
I knew when I first read it, I have heard the "gator" think when I was much younger, maybe from using the CB back in the early 80s on trips. I definitely haven't heard it in conversation in a loooooong time.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts