Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to be adding a Kenne Bell 2.8 to my 5.7. I'm going to run a pretty conservative tune with 6lbs of boost. I'm not trying to make this into a track car as it's mostly for weekend street use. If I'm not going to be beating on this car at the track all day, do I need to run a wideband gauge? Aside from the added expense of the gauge and install, my concern is: am I making my car more appealing to thieves? I don't park in a garage. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. What say you forum members?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,612 Posts
Get the gauge, they make a pod that replaces the sunglass holder if you don't want it noticeable. Good luck with the boost.

·
Registered
‘18 Scat Pack 6 speed Magnuson blower
25 Posts
Install a wideband, its cheap and pretty easy to do. There is really no other way to accurately determine AFR without it. Most professional tuners won’t tune a forced induction car without one. If you’re concerned about advertising to car thieves you can do as Frank suggested and install the overhead gauge pod. I have mine tucked under the dash on the passenger side and just use the 5V output for the virtual gauge on my Trinity.

Reactions: spenbass
1 - 3 of 3 Posts