Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im used to Toyota and Chevy gauges which are bright & lit up even in the day time

im wondering if something is wrong with my 392 gauges...they look muddy and arent very bright when they light up at night...when they click on at dusk you can barely see that they turned on....is the needle supposed to light up?....is this the normal SRT gauges? (i have the dial turned all the way up)....the brightness is about 1/2 of what im used to and the background of the gauges is muddy looking..not bright and clear

also when the lights came on tonight (on automatic) the radio didnt dim....i set the radio to automatic today too...it wasnt dark it was just dusk, so maybe the automatic radio/nav doesnt dim until its really dark out ?

since my fan doesnt work im now wondering how many other things dont work and questioning anything that doesnt seem right...ill be making an appointment next week for repairs

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you turned the dial all the way up, the radio will NOT dim at night.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Bummer, Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you turned the dial all the way up, the radio will NOT dim at night.

the dial it 1 step back from being up all the way....up all the way turns the interior lights on...

i looked up a photo of the gauges at night and the needle wasnt lit either....it was sort of like mine, but a bit brighter

i will add it to my list when i take it in next week

·
Registered
532 Posts
the dial it 1 step back from being up all the way....up all the way turns the interior lights on...

i looked up a photo of the gauges at night and the needle wasnt lit either....it was sort of like mine, but a bit brighter

i will add it to my list when i take it in next week
I had my 2010 Ram 2500 in the same position, 1 step back from interior lights, and the radio would not dim. I backed it a smig off from there and the radio dimmed again.

·
Super Moderator
16,078 Posts
The needles are NOT backlighted on the '08-'10 design - just the guage faces are in that Indiglo style / green color.

I do remember my earlier GM cars (80s-90s) did have lighted needle pointers.

(I reviewed my post and forgot the key word - NOT backlighted)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had to back off the wheel 2 clicks and now the nav dims

the dealer looked at it and cant say if its right or not...her solution...wait until they get a 2011 and compare it....that seems strange to me

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check your owner's manual. I have a 2010 so I don't know if the manual pages are the same, but mine is page 129 under Interior Lights. It explains the two detent positions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts