Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Hello from the dessert!..
I own a v6 challenger US specs got this issue with the gear oil pipe fitting to the cooler. Any advise how to fix this please as I already changed the pipe earlier

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
433 Posts
The pipe itself is metal, but it has to seat properly into the connection at the transmission cooler to seal without leaking. If the end of the pipe is clean and free of damage, the problem may be the connector itself. It is a "Jiffy Tite" (I may be spelling it incorrectly) connector. That connector is removable from the transmission cooler; I have replaced them before. A Dodge dealership should be able to get them for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pipe itself is metal, but it has to seat properly into the connection at the transmission cooler to seal without leaking. If the end of the pipe is clean and free of damage, the problem may be the connector itself. It is a "Jiffy Tite" (I may be spelling it incorrectly) connector. That connector is removable from the transmission cooler; I have replaced them before. A Dodge dealership should be able to get them for you.
Thanks Charles, I already changed the connector and let's see how it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts