Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be swapping the 3.73 Getrag unit in my 09 R/T to a 3.91 unit. Can the dealer reflash for the new diff? I know some have added u connect, keyless go, etc and had the dealer add the option code to their VIN to get them to work.

·
Vendor
13,310 Posts
I'm going to be swapping the 3.73 Getrag unit in my 09 R/T to a 3.91 unit. Can the dealer reflash for the new diff? I know some have added u connect, keyless go, etc and had the dealer add the option code to their VIN to get them to work.
Not sure we would have to try to reconfigure, not an option code you add or remove thru dealerconnect, reconfiguration on the tipm itself, my guess is no, you will need a tuner like diablo trinity
Luke

·
Registered
940 Posts
When I had my gear swap done at my dealer I was told they could not do it that I would need some type of a tuner to change the gear ratio. Hope this helps!!!!!

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did the swap and all is well. Speedometer still agrees with GPS speed and engine rpms are up slightly as expected. No trouble codes or problems with ABS, BAS or ESP. Don't see any need to continue to try change sale option codes as the speedo gets its speed input from wheel speed sensors by way of the ABS module so no matter what gear you put in, road speed will always be accurate. 6 speeds have no input/output shaft speed sensors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did the swap and all is well. Speedometer still agrees with GPS speed and engine rpms are up slightly as expected. No trouble codes or problems with ABS, BAS or ESP. Don't see any need to continue to try change sale option codes as the speedo gets its speed input from wheel speed sensors by way of the ABS module so no matter what gear you put in, road speed will always be accurate. 6 speeds have no input/output shaft speed sensors.
Does the cruise still work?
The sensors look at the rpm/gear position and if they are to far off the cruise may not work, we have seen this in the GenV Viper.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update...all is still good with the swap and the diff survived the dragstrip but one of my DSS axles did not. No gremlins or programming needed when swapping gears in a stick car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts