Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to posting but have been reading this forum for the past 2+ years now ever since I first got my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack. I admit that I am one to not usually do much in terms of engine upgrades on newer cars (prefer not to void warranties really and don't want to swap PCMs) but usually go a bit of a distance with suspension/handling related upgrades.

Most of my familiarity with cars and how I learned what I know is a 67 Mustang that I sold when I got my Scat Pack. I loved the car but it wasn't my definite dream machine for a classic muscle car. I did a lot of suspension work and most of the simple engine upgrades... carb, intake, long tube headers, exhaust... it almost gave new life to the car in the week I got all of that done.

On that note, I have read a few different things and I admit my knowledge with newer cars (like my Scat Pack) isn't all there. I do want to upgrade to the Stainless Works long tube headers as I would assume it would give a marginal boost to performance and, based on audio I have heard, give the factory exhaust a nicer, deeper tone. Or at least I believe that it would give a small boost...

2005 -18 Hemi 5.7L / 6.1L / 6.2L / 6.4L Headers

My question for everyone is:
Without getting a custom tune, would there be any benefit (HP, torque) with adding in these headers or would I only get a true return on the install if I had a tune completed post-install? Again, I want to keep the factory tune (no new PCMs either) and really don't want to go down that path of voiding any warranties... so just looking for someone to provide me with the insight on if new cars really gain much of anything without a tune but adding in headers and a better exhaust.

Thanks, everyone! With me knowing more about suspension and putting more dollars in that area both past and present, I greatly appreciate the help. :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need a tune, which will give you most of your added HP.
So basically no real gain outside of a "preferred" sound then? Gotcha - was kind of suspicious that would be the case. I guess I am too spoiled by the simplicity of the older stang as that is most of my education.

Thanks for the quick response. The only other upgrade I was debating on at this time was the one-piece driveshaft for some minor improvements. I am thinking that might be a better upgrade in my case since I'm not going for anything "far out" there but just looking to optimize handling and my 0-60s. Coupled with tires, I think the driveshaft might be good... anyways...

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
These things run super lean to begin with. Get the unlocked pcm and tuner then go to town.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts