Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 R/T
54 Posts
I have this Boston acoustics 6-speaker in my '09.

A new head unit will improve the sound pretty dramatically, imo. Louder, and with less distortion, crazy eq, some other settings you'll never touch. Depending on the unit you might have some white noise at low volumes when audio is off. You can replace the front door speakers with higher impedance but you will need an aftermarket amp. Same goes for if you put anything in the back. If you want to rip it all out and go better than this system, its probably thousands, fyi.

I would start with a new head unit. The Kenwood one I have should honestly be straight up illegal. Wirelessly connects to my phone, and I can stream video to it, but I'm always speeding anyway so I never have (don't break multiple rules at once). It's better than Uconnect for everything but the performance pages.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
54 Posts
Performance pages? Isn't that part of the dashboard display?
What about voice control in alternative head units? Is that a typical feature I can expect to work right out of the box?
Yeah my mistake. Performance pages are in the dash pre-2015, you're right. Integrated voice control, aftermarket front and rear cameras, all of that stuff is typically available depending on the unit. Again, as a reference, I have an older model Kenwood DNX that I am very happy with.

Shops by me in the Detroit area (Cartunes, Mickey Shorr) charge about $200-300 for the labor, if you're comfortable pulling off the front dash and running wires along the front windshield, as others have suggested, Crutchfield has stellar customer service in my experience and they should have everything you'd need at a lower cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts