Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Boulder Colorado.

Just recently pulled the trigger and finally bought American muscle.

09 SRT8 Challenger.
Hemi Orange.
7k original miles.
Former Daimler employee car.
Bone stock all original.

I joined the forums to learn about my new car.

I plan to keep it fairly stock and low mileage. I was told it was a early production. Any insights on production dates would be helpful.

Looking forward to meeting y'all. If you are in Colorado, lets grab a beer and talk about our Hemis!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Contact Dodge assistance, by giving them your VIN they can give you production numbers on your car, such as how many are the same color and/or similarly optioned.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I'm a convert also... well sort of.
I bought an 06 Mercedes SLK350 in early March of last year. I got the biggest kick out of watching that convertible hard top operate as it stowed itself neatly into the trunk. But one day I was out driving my car and a Challenger pulled up next to me. I could hear that HEMI flexing its muscle as the back tires began to spin. It has been a long time since I saw a car do that while parked at a light. When the light finally turned green, he went on his way, following another slow moving car. But the sound of that engine haunted me. I couldn't get that experience out of my mind.
I thought about getting a Challenger even before I bought the Mercedes, but thought I could scratch that itch with the SLK350. It was cheap, and I liked the way it looked and performed. It was my first German car, but it looks like it was also to be my last.
I began to read this forum that same week.
The more I learned about these amazing cars, the more I knew the MB had to go. Turns out I owned it for just a few months. I bought it for 7600 and sold it for 7400, so no loss there.
In June I found my dream come true, a low mileage '15 SRT392.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a convert also... well sort of.
I bought an 06 Mercedes SLK350 in early March of last year. I got the biggest kick out of watching that convertible hard top operate as it stowed itself neatly into the trunk. But one day I was out driving my car and a Challenger pulled up next to me. I could hear that HEMI flexing its muscle as the back tires began to spin. It has been a long time since I saw a car do that while parked at a light. When the light finally turned green, he went on his way, following another slow moving car. But the sound of that engine haunted me. I couldn't get that experience out of my mind.
I thought about getting a Challenger even before I bought the Mercedes, but thought I could scratch that itch with the SLK350. It was cheap, and I liked the way it looked and performed. It was my first German car, but it looks like it was also to be my last.
I began to read this forum that same week.
The more I learned about these amazing cars, the more I knew the MB had to go. Turns out I owned it for just a few months. I bought it for 7600 and sold it for 7400, so no loss there.
In June I found my dream come true, a low mileage '15 SRT392.

Welcome to the forum.
Nice! I like the stance of the Challenger. German cars even some of the AMG line dont have that intimidation factor.

That 392 motor you have is a beast!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,463 Posts
My first modern Challenger was an 09 Hemi Orange R/T. If you open the trunk and look to the right side of the deck lid by the latch you should see a lightly engraved date and time. That is the “born on” date and time of your Chllenger. Apparently that engraving would have been one of the last things done before it left the factory. Let us know if you find it. It is small and not obvious so look closely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My first modern Challenger was an 09 Hemi Orange R/T. If you open the trunk and look to the right side of the deck lid by the latch you should see a lightly engraved date and time. That is the “born on” date and time of your Chllenger. Apparently that engraving would have been one of the last things done before it left the factory. Let us know if you find it. It is small and not obvious so look closely.
Hey Sir,

Couldn't find the stamp. Would it be under the insulation?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
A white sticker on the driver's door (near the latch) will have the build date in MM/DD (2 digit month/2 digit date) format. Not sure 2009 had it, but mine also has the MDH or MM/DD/HH(Month/Date/Hour) format listed

DSCN1306.jpg

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
From one 2009 Hemi Orange SRT owner to another, congratulations on your purchase. You will love driving this car!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,463 Posts
Hey Sir,

Couldn't find the stamp. Would it be under the insulation?

It was out in the open away from any insulation. It’s been a while, but I recall it is in a dot matrix font on the metal surface near the latch mechanism of the deck lid itself. With trunk lid open it was at eye level to the right side of the latch. You have to look carefully as it is not obvious. I think I took a picture of it once. I’ll have to do some digging around. If I find it, I will post it. There was a thread on this here but it is likely 8-9 years old.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts